First off, my cousin is a moron and decided to restring his new guitar by taking all the strings off at once. haha well of course the bridge is a tremelo and the thing gets all screwed up. So being nice I go over to his house and try to help him fix it. Basically the thing isn't elevated off the body of the guitar anymore, so he can only bend the vibrato bar down, he can't pull it up. We tried couldn't figure out how to fix it. We opened up the bottom where the springs are and nothing seemed out of place. So the problem is that the bridge will not stay elevated off the guitar and he cannot use the vibrato bar very much. Any advice on how to fix it? He won't take it to the store he bought it from because he doesn't want to have to pay for repairs and they have had a bad reputation with keeping his stuff too long. Thanks in advance.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Cort X-2 hahaha
Dean Tradition One
Ibanez Soundgear SR505 (five stringer)
Marshall MG 250DFX
Marshall MG 10CD
Digitech GNX4
Digitech DF-7 Distortion
A bunch of cables.
if i read it right, pull the bar towards the body. the bridge unit should come up, away from the body cavity. now put a baseball card or something to keep it off the body while you restring it.
i could be wrong.
and probably am.

oh well. i tried.
I already tried that, the thing snapped back down and the strings went way sharp. I need to know how to make it stay elevated without anything holding it up.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Cort X-2 hahaha
Dean Tradition One
Marshall MG 250DFX
Marshall MG 10CD
Digitech GNX4
Digitech DF-7 Distortion
A bunch of cables.
loosen the spring claw screws i the back cavity.

these two screws and any springs are whats pulling the bridge down.
loosen these to get ur preferred height.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what guitar is it? some guitars bridges arent really meant to be pulled up. like some strats

he said that he was able to go up and down with it before
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Cort X-2 hahaha
Dean Tradition One
Marshall MG 250DFX
Marshall MG 10CD
Digitech GNX4
Digitech DF-7 Distortion
A bunch of cables.
Quote by rhcp_9106
he said that he was able to go up and down with it before

yeh but if it wasnt flat before well that changes how to do stuff
okay i tried removing a spring and loosening the screws, but now the strings wont hold tune.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Cort X-2 hahaha
Dean Tradition One
Marshall MG 250DFX
Marshall MG 10CD
Digitech GNX4
Digitech DF-7 Distortion
A bunch of cables.