how the hell do you get a gig in a vacume city like mine. my town is so AAAAHHHH. there is no venues. but we do have some dumb ass potatoe festival where jason Mc Coy and dock walker played, but those are country bands ( and fyi if anyone cares my dad used to be in dock walker...not kidding). i hate it. this town is boring. do you have any suggestions where we could play in a **** hole city?
Last edited by Shadowz_at_Dawn at May 8, 2006,
Throw a party dude. My band is too young to get any real gigs, so we jus say "Screw you" and throw a HUGE party and play it for free. If you advertise well enough, you will get a pretty good trunout
Oh yeah, don't charge anyone anything until you do a few shows and get some loyal fans, then you can charge al ittle bit, but don't over do it. Advertise out in all of your surrounding areas and maybe get a few more bands to play
if u are go to like high school, u can get a show there, my school has given my band end of the year parties to do and stuff like that
You could play a nearby gay bar since it seems like you could use some culture. Anyways, I'm from an area with zero straight-up music venues. Here are some places my band has played shows:

Church Rec Hall
Community Park hall
A computer store
Local University
A Sam Goody store
House party

In addition to that, we've played bars. Check with other local bands about playing shows with them. Keep in mind that if your area doesn't have a lot of places for live music.. there's usually a reason for it. So be careful abotu promotion and local county rules.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Quote by imagonaeatu
maybe you could try being less of a homophobe

sorry for the profanity, must of not been thinking clearly. my uncle is gay tho
Last edited by Shadowz_at_Dawn at May 8, 2006,
^yes it was called for
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
Quote by cokesodanotdrug
^yes it was called for

yeah i know...i just havent read the thread starting post in a while. i almost forgot about it. thats why i edited the thread starting post then apologized
Practice.

If people go there, then you could hold a gig there. Keep that mentality, and you can find a gig anywhere.
thank you for the consideration or others

and ya churches unless you are death metal
suprize show in the park?
and house parties work
AH i just thought of one, get a big pick up truck or two and drive around places playing in the back ;-)
Save a drum, Bang a drummer!

Quote by Dragatear
You guys are REALLY strict. Worse than neopets.

Quote by Tyler Wright
cokesodanotdrug, your a bitch.
^^ nice
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
The only thing is that, a random show in the park will get the police called on you. There's always that ONE person, you know--it happened to a band I was watching in the park as a *church* sponsored event. Crazy, right?
If you're unsure, put a guitar case or a hat out in front of the band, and if the Police ask, tell them you're busking.

You might get moved on, but it's not like you'll get a serious warning for busking.