So im sure some of you have talked on my old threads about which amp to get...

I was thinking of either the :

Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Orange - AD140HTC

NO CLUE

The Dual has a beautiful sound... decent versatility and gives me the power i need ... plenty of headroom.... wonderful crunch!

The Orange has BEAUTIFUL vintage and clean sounds... but no definite hard crunch...

The single... not sure... but it might be cheaper but what i need instead of the dual...

Some questions:

1. Does the ORANGE have the ability to sound great on a distortion pedal or OCD pedal, or should i stick with a dual?

2. Do i need more than 50watts on an amp.... for instance: The SINGLE instead of the DUAL...

Help! Any ideas ?

Music i play:
Classic Rock / Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Led Zep
Metal / Lamb of God
Rock / Seether, 3 Doors Down
Blues

Looking for an all around.
Guitarist in learning...

Guitar :
Ibanez RG220b 24 fret, blocked floyd

Amp:
Palomino 30watt tube amp, 1x12

Old Equipment:
Line 6 Spider II 150 Watt ( 2 12s ) (SOLD)
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier 100 watt, 4x12 (REPLACED)
50 would be easier to push the tubes, but it less headrooms for the cleans and also i remember something being different between the Dual and Single. Something about a diode

Not sure about the orange. sorry
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by mexican_shred
i remember something being different between the Dual and Single. Something about a diode

with the Dual you can chose between Tube or Silicone Diode. you cant with the Single.

and Orange amps are great for classic rock IMO.
Quote by mexican_shred
50 would be easier to push the tubes, but it less headrooms for the cleans and also i remember something being different between the Dual and Single. Something about a diode

Not sure about the orange. sorry

The single is plenty freaking loud, trust me. Its got plenty of headroom and plenty of volume.
also the Dual has 3 channels (clean, Crunch, and heavy) and the single only has 2 channels. (Although the old mesa's all only have 2 channels).

So if your buying a newer mesa I'd recommend the Dual just for that extra channel, so you can switch between a classic rock sound to a modern or metal sound.
Made in Detroit
Guitars, Guns, Cars, Beer, and Women... This is what makes real men happy.