I just got back from seeing him live. He was amazing. He sounds just the same as he did 30 years ago. His voice is just as smooth and textural as when he made his first single. He is also a very underrated guitarist. His acoustic playing was great and he even got his electric out for a few songs. Does anybody else like him?
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
I've always liked James Taylor, extremely underrated guitarist. I agree with you on all points.

I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
I saw him in concert once, my parents love him. I really do respect his vocal abilities and guitar playing skills, but I'm not a big fan of his style of music. However, it was a fun live show and I'm glad I saw him. And yes, my mom was talking about how his vocals get better with age for about 4 days afterwards..
[SIZE=
Ya, the concert was really intimate. He talked a lot in between songs and explained how he wrote all the songs that he played. But, he also was really entertaining in some parts. He had this big drum machine that he brought out and he sang through a megaphone. And it sounded really good! He was great, would go see him again anytime.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

i havent seen him live but i have seen a live dvd of him called 'james taylor - pull over' he is amazing
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
I think I read somewhere that whenever he gets new band members he doesn't practice Fire and Rain with them.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's true. You write a song about your girlfriend dying, and people expect you to play it for the rest of your life...

He has good stuff though, I just haven't gotten around to hearing most of it.
I completely agree, his version of "You've got a friend" is one of the best songs i've ever heard. I find his music is brilliant to chill out to.
Not a big fan of JT, not really even a small one. Too syrupy for me - I much prefer Cat Stevens out of that 70's S/SW genre.
Ted Nugent Is Stuffed And Mounted Above My Fireplace
You would like James if you saw him live. He is fantastic.

I love JT, I know every song he's ever done, lyricly, but I dont know too much on the guitar. He's one of the best.
Bob Marley Fan Club Member #3. PM basketcase23 to join.
Quote by carlsbad
klein82887 i love you.

Quote by frippogenics
Only in America do most people get their news from the Daily Show.
James Taylor is the man. I dont see how anyone can not like him. "Fire and Rain", 'Carolina in my Mind", "sweet baby james", beautiful songs.
^ Try some other more underplayed songs like "Like Everyone She Knows" terrific intro. I play it over just for it.
Bob Marley Fan Club Member #3. PM basketcase23 to join.
Quote by carlsbad
klein82887 i love you.

Quote by frippogenics
Only in America do most people get their news from the Daily Show.
My mom's wicked into him. I like his songs, but I think his albums are far too overproduced.

EDIT: Oh, and does anyone else listen to Jonathan Edwards? He's a contemporary of Taylor's and Stevens', but he only had one hit in the form of Sunshine (Go Away Today). It's been used in a lot of movies recently, including Anchorman and Starsky and Hutch. Anyway, I saw him last year and he was excellent. It was just him with a guitar and harmonica.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Last edited by VoodooChild15 at May 9, 2006,
i like james taylor alot, i saw him live last year and it was an amazing concert
I just learned Fire and Rain by him on guitar and it really is a wonderful, 'moving' piece. God, sometimes I just don't get how some of these classic rock artists wrote these melodies and lyrics sometimes.. just mind blowing.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
yea James is awesome, in chapel hill NC they have a James Taylor Bridge, i went over it today, he is really incredible though, love his stuff, i like Steamroller and Carolina in my mind
"If I leave Here Tommorow, Will You Still Remember Me?"
-Ronnie Van Zant
JT is one of my idols. He's one of the few singer-songwriters who can really sing, and his guitar playing is fantasic. It's a shame that, as VoodooChild says, a lot of his late 70's and 80's stuff is so wildly overproduced with huge orchestral arrangements that you can't hear his guitar playing, but he's backed away from that a little in the past 15 years or so. My favorite album of his is New Moon Shine from 1991. Not one of his most famous, but a simply fantastic album from start to finish.
Death to Ovation haters!