Ya so I screwed around with my guitar and raised and lowered the pickups, absent mindedly not knowing what I was doing. So today I plug in and whenever I strum a chord fairly hard, it comes out distorted...doesn't sound good... What should I do if I want to get rid of that, any other tips about how to position the pickup's height would be appreciated too.
well generally make sure the neck pickup is lower than the bridge
i would imagine its like this already but you never know..

i like to keep the bridge pickup a bit higher than factory standard and the neck pickup to be raised up a bit more as welll (but for me its due to it sinking into the guitar]

try reversing the way you moved them as well

also make sure the sides are even
depending on your pup type that can mess the sound up
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
actually the sides dont need to be even some people way want the higher strings louder than the lower strings
Quote by azn_guitarist25
actually the sides dont need to be even some people way want the higher strings louder than the lower strings

eh

do what most of the pros at pups

(dave mc for example
)

would say

just fiddle with em till it sounds like how you want it

and yes they dont have to be even but i prefer them that way

plus the low end of the pup on mine sinks in(not factory set pups tho)

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

I think the reason for the sinking of the heavier-string side on the neck pickup is because when you are picking, you may keep hitting it and over time it sinks. At least that's what happens to me.
hmmm dont think that should happen i set my bass side lower so that it doesnt over power all the other strings
^^no because even if im strumming billy joe style (which i dont recommend to anyone)

it doesnt hit that
the neck pickup saddle or whatever you call it is recesse farther in than the bridge one

it just kinda falls inward over time