Right now my band is using my laptop and Magix studio to record our music... but that program has some serious problems that I don't like...

I would like to get a Fostex MR-8HD, I've heard other fostex recordings online and they sound pretty good, and I need something with better sound than I'm getting with the magix. I'll need at least 8 tracks. I would like something that has bass, mid, and treble controls. Possibly some effects (delay and reverb for vocals), track bouncing, a hard drive, and (the MR8HD has) 4 simultanious inputs (I need at least 2).

What is your take on Fostex's stuff? And is there any other options that you think I should concider?

Thanks, Speed
Made in Detroit
Guitars, Guns, Cars, Beer, and Women... This is what makes real men happy.
You talki0ng analog ins (mics) or digital ins (straight 1/4" plugs)?

Your options are aplenty. Search google, and you'll get sites like ZZSounds, Musician's Friend. When you find one you like, lemme know, I know a decent amount about buying the right interface.
Looking for my India/Django.
right now I'm micing the guitar and bass amps. I have each amp in a seperate room of my house, the computer is in my living room, that way each insturment is on a different channel.
Made in Detroit
exactly what problems are you getting with Magix? i've been using Music Studio 2005 Deluxe and it's been pretty flawless for what i've wanted from it (if i have had problems, i cant think of any off the top of my head, which is saying something). but, i won't doubt that its a relatively cheap program, so i wouldn't turn you away from getting the Fostex.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I like:

Phobos (he oozes cool)

Misfits and AC/DC Covers + original recordings (jazz/punk, hardcore, "shredish").
http://advancederror.dmusic.com
Quote by phobos
exactly what problems are you getting with Magix? i've been using Music Studio 2005 Deluxe and it's been pretty flawless for what i've wanted from it (if i have had problems, i cant think of any off the top of my head, which is saying something). but, i won't doubt that its a relatively cheap program, so i wouldn't turn you away from getting the Fostex.

Well, I have a problem with saving and burning. If I take several takes at a song even after I delete the bad takes it still records them on the save and burns them on cd. But when I pull up the file it doesn't show them.

Plus I want something a little better quality that I can record several tracks at once. I want to burn a cd that we can sell at shows and give to venues looking to book us in the future or even record companies. (we are looking for a lead singer and new drummer so I can give it to people looking to tryout)
Made in Detroit