In the future, when I get better, I was planning to get a Gibson Les Paul. Ie also just started researching PRS guitars. I play alot of metal, blues, funk and classic rock. Players that I admire are Steve Morse, Michael S, Randy Rhoads and Van Halen among many others. I have a price range of 2500- 3000. Which would be my best choice?
^I agree.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Gibson les paul custom, suits all those styles of music
IBANEZ RG1570L Prstige
Marshall 100-watt JCM Hi gain half stack
Behringer V-Amp 2
Jim Dunlop MXR Phase 90
And so does a PRS Custom 24. So... He just has to get the money together and go try them out.
Hi, I'm Peter
you need to play them. a prs sounds alot different than a les paul, even though construction is similar. their pickups have more of a unique sound. i preffer prs. the necks on them are alot more comforable than a les paul
what
I'd say look more into Jackson, ESP, and Ibanez guitars, since Randy and Eddie both primarily used non-mahogany guitars, and I think Steve Morse's new one is basswood.
randy used a les paul custom, but really there both amazing companies, go out and play them all before you make your decision.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
A custom guitar is probably your best bet.

Other than looking amazing, all of the expensive PRS guitars that I've played are just ho-hum (of course, they were all at Guitar Center...).

PRS have better quality control than Gibson, in my semi-educated opinion, and they look loads better.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll

PRS have better quality control than Gibson, in my semi-educated opinion, and they look loads better.

its all relative...none of them are handmade anymore...just play a bunch of them and see which one you like best...and even if you get one that doesn't play great...take it to a luthier and he can probably fix it for a couple of extra bucks. simple stuff like sanding the frets, straightning the neck etc.