Hey guys whats up........

I've been wanting to get starting learning and playing a little blues and jazz stuff kinda like SRV. Who are a few good people i should start listening to? Anyone got any fairly intermediate songs they wanna throw at me?

If it helps i've been playing for bout almost 3 years and i would say that i am pretty good so yea.

Just throw me some songs or advice on who to listen to......

ThNks - Andrew
If u want to learn blues you kinda have to know something about the pentatonic scale in order to improvise, because improvisation and bull****ting is exactly whats jazz and blues is about. After u learn those u can start playing the scales in tacts following root notes in this sequence: A A A A D D A A E D A E/A if you play it to some kind of a rhythm guitar or riff following the root notes it will sound likes real blues so dont be worried if you dont start feeling it at first because that was exactly how it started for me. Blues is good for developing improvisation with the exploitation of your imagination.....wtf?
1) Scuttle Buttin' - SRV
2) Pride and Joy - SRV
3) Layla (unplugged) - Eric Clapton ....the chord progression of Dm, Bb, C is such a sequence to improvise with
4) I Shot the Shereff - Eric Claptons version....same reason as above to learn it
5) 12 Bar Blues in all Keys...Key of G (G7, G7, G7, G7, C7, C7, G7, G7, D7, C7, G7, D7/G7) OR Key of G with a Jazz Twist (G7, C7, G7, G7, C7, C7, G7, E7, Am7, D7, G7/E7, Am7/D7)
.....................learn those in all keys and it will help you a whoooole lot
6) Windy and Warm - Doc Watson......you best be having some finger picking skills for this one
7) Sweet Home Chicago - Blues Brothers......alot of other artists play this as well ...its a ood peice to improvise on
8) Summertime Blues - Alan JAckson... a little country blues

these songs should improve your skills as a blues/jazz player...i would name a few more but im tired and its 4 in the morning..good luck
Quote by Silent_Scream1
I've been wanting to get starting learning and playing a little blues and jazz stuff kinda like SRV. Who are a few good people i should start listening to? Anyone got any fairly intermediate songs they wanna throw at me?
Check out The Allman Brothers Band's Live at the Fillmore. If Statesboro Blues, Stormy Monday and One Way Out don't get you fired up, your wood's wet.
All things are difficult before they are easy.
- Dr. Thomas Fuller (British physician, 1654-1734)
Quote by Freepower
For everything you need to know - gpb0216.
Learn the 12 bar blues. Its on some Steal This Video.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
you can't just become jazz... it's to be or not to be :P

but i guess you could check out some miles davis