im looking into vox amps, and im digging the sound of the Vox AC30, but it doesnt have a swtich to go through channels on the fly. But, its got two inputs, one for each channel, so im guessing you can throw in any old A/B switch and be able to switch in between each channel...?

has anyone ever done this before? thanks guys, and since we are on the topic of the vox ac30, what are your thoughts on it?

im planning on getting the 30watt head and the matchign 2 12 cab, or maybe a 4 12 if i feel like treating myself.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
well I'm pretty sure that you have to use the footswitch jack but not 100%
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
^footswitch jack is only for switching on and off tremelo and reverb not channels, and im 100% sure about that.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
When I was looking into the AC30 Custom Classics I was told that you can use an A/B/Y as a channel switcher.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Damn, i got told at a music shop that you need a footswitch jack to operate a channel selecter footswitch
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
AC30's aren't really the kind of amps that you just press a button and get heavy distortion. They are more old-fashioned amps. Don't confuse inputs with channels. IMO if you buy the head then get the 4x12. if you only get the 2x12 then buy a stand to raise it up off the floor.
there's a switch that connects/disconnects both inputs if you wanted to mix the channels. For this case he would want to not connect both inputs with that switch and just use an ABY switch. It would be cool to do this and have one input direct and one with effects and switch back and for. With no other effects the change wouldn't be much.