I just thought i'd "announce" this because im sure some people will find it interesting but i recently swapped out the Jackson 2 point tremolo (JT580) for an original flyod rose, directly without any routing or adjustments at all, i could even use the existing trem posts.

This is for people who have asked but havent gotten 100% sure responces and also means that if you're wary of buying a RR3 or any jackson with a licensed floyd (Jackson put the same ones on every series - minus USA select...) because you think it might be crap now you know it can be swapped straight out very easily.

Hope this information can be of use to people, Diamond Dave
i dunno, there is definately enough room for it to fit, so i cant see how youd ever need to do more routing, but the trem posts might be a millimeter or less too wide if anything but it still fit right in on mine, if they didnt im pretty sure you have to unscrew the trem posts and fill the holes then re-drill holes ofr them
yeh, so that was a bit of a risky move wasnt it but it payed off. so you using the ofr trem claws,springs,nut,retainer bar
I just got lucky (kinda) like that... I bought a Licensed Floyd off eBay, and it turns out that the posts on my Schecter for the hard tail bridge are at just the right width for the Floyd. Kinda convenient. Now all I have to do is route the trem cavity and lion's claw... Damn...
cool.

have you tried to fit the OFR posts? cos that's the major thing, I think (once you know the actual trem will fit)- because if you use the non-OFR posts, it'll void your warranty, afaik.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what are posts? and wtf does afaik mean? lol

that's pretty cool though. is that the trem that's on most of the $600ish range ones?
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

^ as far as i know.

posts are the pivot screws that the trem sits on.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?