i have a guitar already for a year i guess.. 'inherited' by my sis after she quit lessons.
i started learning playing songs just by memmorizing their tabs aided by the guitar pro software.. now i realised every song i learnt are through memory.. Is it possible for me to play a song instantly by reading tabs one go; without practices(barely able to play is alright too)? btw my weakness are low finger accuracy while switching frets and i find it difficult to play if im not looking directly at the frets when im picking.. on which kind of lessons whould i take? thx for getting my question ansered..

-->sry my bad english
for stronger fingers look in the correct practice lessons, that helps a lot
well the only way i can play a tab just out of nowhere never seen before is if it is power chords or bar chords or open chords. stuff like solos i have to take some time. and playing without looking comes naturally when you play but you if your trying to go from a F bar chord to a E bar chord you gona have to look because thats about 9 frets without looking. the most frets i can move without looking is about 3-5 so i could go from a F power chord to a A power chord without looking but to go any further i would have to look. if you have to look at the frets just remeber where the dots are at the 3,5,7,9,12 frets if you can remember that then just take a peak for about half a second so you can play without stopping while you change chords.

ok i know that might not have made any sense my bad i have bad english when i type.
half a second is kinda long isn't it?

Hmm since you've only been playing for a year it's kinda normal i guess, it kinda depends how much you practice. And learning tabs is difficult if you never learned notes i gues.. but guitar pro can help you with that, i learned a lot of just looking at the tabs and than at the notes.
Quote by ToesKa
half a second is kinda long isn't it?

Hmm since you've only been playing for a year it's kinda normal i guess, it kinda depends how much you practice. And learning tabs is difficult if you never learned notes i gues.. but guitar pro can help you with that, i learned a lot of just looking at the tabs and than at the notes.

Well i meant it to be looking really fast for me its like 1/5 of a second all it takes to find a fret not to brag or anything.
Quote by wambulance
Well i meant it to be looking really fast for me its like 1/5 of a second all it takes to find a fret not to brag or anything.

not to brag? i think most people know where frets are without thinking or counting up the board.
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
zephyrus: It will all come naturally eventually, I promise.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I had the same problem. What eventually happened was that I took a music theory course and my teacher in that was giving me free bass lessons for the school band. I kind of half assed it through the first semester because there was another bassist in the same period as me, and I just let him play. But in the second semester he dropped band to pick up an English credit and I was left alone, so I had to learn by fire. What I did was just memorize where the first frets are in first position and just play it over and over again on all the strings without watching:

|----------------------------------1-2-3-4--4-3-2-1-----------------------------------|
|-----------------------1-2-3-4------------------------4-3-2-1------------------------|
|------------1-2-3-4----------------------------------------------4-3-2-1-------------|
|-1-2-3-4--------------------------------------------------------------------4-3-2-1--|

and then I progressively moved onto a standard walking blues bassline in first position:

Bb blues
------------0--3--0--------------------0--3--0------------0--3--0---------------------------0--3--0---------------|
-----0--3------------3--0------0--3------------3--0--1-------------1----------------0--3--0------------3--0-------|
-1---------------------------1---------------------------------------------4-3-2-1--------------------------------|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

and then moved that to second position:

C# blues
-------------3--6--3------------3--6--8--9------|
------3--6------------6--3--4-------------------|
--4---------------------------------------------|
------------------------------------------------|

Most of all... just practice.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
Quote by tabber666
not to brag? i think most people know where frets are without thinking or counting up the board.

ok forget what i said the way you mean it and i mean it are different things.