I'm looking to buy some kind of valve combo in the £500-£600 range. The one that caught my eye was the Laney VC30. I don't really play any one style so am looking for a bit of an all rounder. Any thoughts on the Laney?
i have the laney lc30, its very good for blues classic rock etc. but it will not do metal, it has an unscoopable mid. so i imagine the vc30, being even more of a blues/classic rock orientated amp you would encounter the same problems. but if you have an amp modeller for metal tones then a laney should suffice. but you say your budget can go up to £600, then you might aswell spend the extra money and get something a little better .
You could look into a Laney TT combo. Might be stretched to find one for £600 thought, maybe £700. They're supposed to be really versatile if you look on the website. I keep meaning to try one.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
You could look into a Laney TT combo. Might be stretched to find one for £600 thought, maybe £700. They're supposed to be really versatile if you look on the website. I keep meaning to try one.

seconded, assuming it sounds like the head version i tried, it's really very nice.

I haven't tried the vc's, i assume they're nice too. but not as many bells and whistles as the tt.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ Dave where have you seen TT's? At Arena Music they had a combo there (grr I didn't try it) but it was like £750. £750 for a 1x12 combo seems a lot of money. Anywhere cheaper to get it online? And would you recommend a head and cab, rather than the combo?

And yeh, the TT definitely has its fair share of bells and whistles!
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
The VC30's a great amp. as said, not many bells and whistles as other laney's, but it's got a great clean channel and with the right pedals you can get pretty much any sound out of it (including metal).

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=378">Cheap enough?

Great price for a good amp.Leaves you some money to get some pedals for the versatility you need .
My Gear:
Home made Strat
Palm Bay Custom Prototype
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Peavey Rage 158
Boos DS-1
Boss BD-2
Laney Vc30-212
That is a great price, the price of the VC's seems to have come down a lot on GAK - maybe they weren't selling. ^ How much gain does it have? What does it sound like boosted with an OD?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
That is a great price, the price of the VC's seems to have come down a lot on GAK - maybe they weren't selling. ^ How much gain does it have? What does it sound like boosted with an OD?

VCs aren't exactly brimming with gain, but a good boost will really give it ALOT of balls.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
On it's own the gain's not that poweful, can get a nice AC/DC sort of crunch. With a good OD pedal (I use a Bluesdriver) you get pretty much any Sound you need (apart from metal/hardcore). If I need that I use my Boss DS-1. You'd be surprised at some of the tones you can get out of it, providing you get the levels right to avooid feedback.

[EDIT] If you use a distortion and an overdrive, that is.
My Gear:
Home made Strat
Palm Bay Custom Prototype
Yamaha F-310
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Peavey Rage 158
Boos DS-1
Boss BD-2
Laney Vc30-212
Quote by SamDking
^ Dave where have you seen TT's? At Arena Music they had a combo there (grr I didn't try it) but it was like £750. £750 for a 1x12 combo seems a lot of money. Anywhere cheaper to get it online? And would you recommend a head and cab, rather than the combo?

And yeh, the TT definitely has its fair share of bells and whistles!

www.theflyingpiguk.com has it for £679, i think (last time i checked).

www.wembleyguitarcentre.com has the tt heads (or at least, had, last time i was there).

if you can afford the head and cab, you might as well, as long as it's not too loud, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^edit: crap, the website for the flying pig isn't working any more. I have no idea what the new website is. I suggest some furious googling, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^edit: crap, the website for the flying pig isn't working any more. I have no idea what the new website is. I suggest some furious googling, lol.

Lol, that sounded wrong in so many ways.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?