hi,
i am looking at a new amp head. Some thing to use at home and small gigs, and jam sessions. i dotn have so much money, 1000? maximum. i am a ttl noob at amps, so please help.

*techno, rap, hiphop*

Quote by Vindication
Pierre von Line 6? I'd hate to be him.

Quote by aaronni
Muzzy...

Quote by fonzicus
dude, i didn't know that dogs can't eat chocolate. now i need a new dog

yeah! would help alot more if you could include what styles etc you are gona play with it mate.
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
kk, i play all this rock/hard-rock/metal and stuf like that..hope that helps a bit..
*techno, rap, hiphop*

Quote by Vindication

Quote by aaronni
Muzzy...

Quote by fonzicus

No crate. You can get an amazing tube amp for your budget. Look into the Mesa Rectifiers, and I know someone here will suggest an ENGL. If you can try them out yourself, just pick the one that suits your style more.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
I looked at the rectifiers and but they were all like 2000?
*techno, rap, hiphop*

Quote by Vindication

Quote by aaronni
Muzzy...

Quote by fonzicus

Quote by -Muzzy-
I looked at the rectifiers and but they were all like 2000?

get on ebay.
with 1000 euro he could probably afford a vh or tt, tom... maybe the gh sounds different...

i'm gonna suggest an engl screamer head too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
with 1000 euro he could probably afford a vh or tt, tom... maybe the gh sounds different...

Yeah, I'd considered that, but

- He doesn't have much money. So I don't know if he really wants to blow a full ?1000.
- The amp is for small gigs and jamming sessions
- I find the GH to be almost as good/as good as the other ones. I wasn't overly mad about the VH, but I did like the TT. So I just wanted him to know that there is a cheap and excellent tube amp out there if he should so want it.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Quote by Prophet of Page
Yeah, I'd considered that, but

- He doesn't have much money. So I don't know if he really wants to blow a full ?1000.
- The amp is for small gigs and jamming sessions
- I find the GH to be almost as good/as good as the other ones. I wasn't overly mad about the VH, but I did like the TT. So I just wanted him to know that there is a cheap and excellent tube amp out there if he should so want it.

yeah

he said head, i assumed he already had a cab. if not, then GH is probably the way to go.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

If he doesn't have a cab, He probably wont be able to afford a Screamer or VH

But If he already has a cab he might be able to get a Screamer for around ?900 or the VH for around ?1000
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
^ True, although I think it's just a little over ?1000 In Ireland. Not a lot, like ?20 - ?50 maybe
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join