0 0%
Samick
0 0%
Fernandes
2 6%
Other (Post guitar please)
3 9%
Voters: 35.
Hey, I'm thinkign of getting a Les Paul style guitar for my next guitars. But I'm not sure which to get. My budget is limited to no Customs, meaning anything but a Custom.

Thank in advance.
gibson destroys all of the brands that make les pauls one because the invented them epiphones are really good to but only if you buy the ones for like $500 or more
Quote by mcrguitarplaya0
gibson destroys all of the brands that make les pauls one because the invented them epiphones are really good to but only if you buy the ones for like $500 or more

Gibson didn't invent Les Paul. Les Paul invented Les Paul. Gibson just bought the idea from him. They rejected his idea, so Les Paul started making and selling them himself. They found out he made good money so they bought the idea form him.
gibson, and if you dont have that much money, epiphones all the way!! and wheres the poll option for them?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Quote by bob311
gibson, and if you dont have that much money, epiphones all the way!! and wheres the poll option for them?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!

Epiphone sucks in m opinion.
Quote by hckfrk38

apparently the elitist series kick the lower gibson les pauls ass
Quote by hckfrk38

shut your mouth now, i have 2 epi's, and both of them kick the living s*%$ of out about any gibson under 2 grand, and there arent made out of plywood, both are solid mahogany with 4a flamed maple tops.

EDIT: ones from 1963 and plays like it was made yesterday, and ones an elitist, and both where worth every cent!
Founder of the Trombone>Sax>all club, pm me my fellow 'boners!!

we hit harder than anyone else. Ug's lacrosse club, pm me or hrdcorelaxplaya to join!
Quote by bob311
and there arent made out of plywood, both are solid mahogany with 4a flamed maple tops.

How do you know they are made out of solid mahogany? Many Epiphones have an alder core; laminated in mahogany.
Gibson... but if you're on a budget, definally get an Agile. Agiles are almost proven better quality than Epiphones, with the exception of the Elitist series.

I say:

Gibson
Agile
or Epiphone Les Paul Elitist

Other Epiphones are usually made of a Mahogany/Alder sandwhich, and that murders the Les Paul tone.

I doubt you're on a budget because you said "below a custom" (asuming your talking about a Gibson), so I say go with Gibson Standard/Classic/studio. Just make sure you check up on the one you want at a guitar place, because Gibson doesn't have the best quality control.
gibosn of course... shoot those epiphone (or that epiphone) noob should stfu and sell both of them to get a better guitar.

Gibson and esp all the way.
Quote by mr_hankey
How do you know they are made out of solid mahogany? Many Epiphones have an alder core; laminated in mahogany.

Exactly. With the exception of Elitist, Standard Plain-tops, and a lower end model which is alder or something.