Hey guys I recently got a Stereo to Mono audio adapter (1/4 inch to 1/8th inch) and I've got one end of the cable into the converter and in the microphone slot in the back of my computer (is that where it's supposed to go?).
Now, I'm guessing I need some sort of program to hear myself play? Am I right? Or am I doing something wrong. Can someone help a brotha out here?
Anyway, I'm taking suggestions. Thanks very much in advance!

Edit: I should have mentioned I need a FREE program.
Last edited by Archaon at May 6, 2006,
I have it set up so that my guitar is connected into my guitar-amp as normal then i've used a 1/4" to 1/8" to connect my guitar-amp into my computer(the cable goes from the Headphone-jacket on my guitar-amp into the computers line-in). Then you can just record what your playing with some recording software on your computer...
Quote by Killer-Duck
I have it set up so that my guitar is connected into my guitar-amp as normal then i've used a 1/4" to 1/8" to connect my guitar-amp into my computer(the cable goes from the Headphone-jacket on my guitar-amp into the computers line-in). Then you can just record what your playing with some recording software on your computer...

Thank you very much for this. I have done as you said and now I can get all my amp's effects. Now all I need is another cable for my pedal.
Thanks man.