I want to use the Boss A/C Adapter to power my Electro Harmonix 4600 Small Clone Full-Chorus, so I bought a 3 pole "M" power jack socket from Radio Shack.

The EH Adapter is is 9.6V DC 200mA

The Boss A/C Adapter is 9V DC 500mA

1. I open the back of the Chorus and the original power jack has 3 poles, with a resistor in-line of one of the leads (directly from the jack to the circuit board). I don't know the value of it, but would I also need to put a resistor of possibly a different value in-line to the new "M" jack?

2. There are both a black and a purple wire on one lead of the original power jack, and then a red wire that goes to the + on the battery connector. To which poles on the "M" jack do I connect these?

I'm comfortable with basic mods and kit building when I have instructions, but still naive when it comes to "engineering".

Thanks
Should work fine...however I don't reccomend the radioshack adapter, as its got low quality filtering and wil induce hum. If you want a powersupply, smallbear has a great kit for it.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Hey thanks Queen. Still don't know what resistor value to come up with, if needed. I've seen scematics around, but nothing focuses on changing a/c adapters.

Any help?
I doubt a resistor is necessary...I switch between 200mA and 1000mA power supplies on my effects all the time.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.