I'm looking at used guitars - and I am quite besotted by the mid-late '80s Kramer Barettas. Yet a fair amount of the ones I've found don't have floating trems, and I was wondering if it would be possible to have a guitar tech rout a cavity behind the bridge to turn it into a floating trem, or if the fulcrum points are just not built for that.
no
i don't see why not, but it might cost quite a bit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Alright, thanks. I'm not too terribly worried about tech cost - seeing as the USA made guitars are trading hands for as little as $350. Tech work, maybe a quick tune-up, a new pickup if absolutely necessary, and I'm still good.

Thanks!
no
^the only other thing to consider is most of the "true" kramer fans prefer the trem to be non-recessed/non-floating. You might be screwing up your chances of ever selling it on.

Worth thinking about.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ yes it is

its is actually very easy work- but youll also hav eot look into locking tuners/nut to keep in tune

i woudl say tuners- as a locking nut would screw your chances of ever selling the neck for a decent price
^welcome back, man!

anyway, yeah. When you say "non-floating" trems, do you mean a floyd that's set up for dive only, or a normal non-locking trem?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Locking, non-floating. Standard Schaller floyd rose.

I'm not worried about ruining re-sale value - I play for keeps with guitars. I figure that if there is only one thing I would change about a guitar, I can do it easily, but it would kill re-sale value - I'll just do it.
no
^yep, go for it then. I play for keeps too, but it's worth mentioning, since most people don't seem to.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?