i read the Q and A article and my knowledge about amps has increased dramatically. So, everyone in my band has at least a 100w, im playing through a 60 or 80 i dunno. I still quite dont understand Tubes/Valves. I dont want an amp where i have it burn out or something and replace and blah blah. I want an amp i can play through thats good enough for practice and gigs. Dont know about brand names either, if theyre good or not. Sorry if i was suposed to post this in that thread but, i appreciate all help,thanks.
Are you looking to buy a new amp? If so, what is your budget, and what kind of tones are you looking for?

In general, though they require a little more maintanence (not that big of a deal, once a year maybe), Tube amps sound much better, especially for gigging, as there huge tone comes out when you crank them.

SS amps begin to thin and lose tone with volume, making them decent practice amps, but poor gigging amps.
Very true. Tube amps are a lot louder than SS amps of the same power rating. They sound best at full volume. They need maintenance every two years. Tube amps are more expensive, but it's worth it. Try the new Peavey Valveking: that thing drives really hard, and sounds great for half the price of any similar amp.
ok well i suppose around the $200-300 range, college student so im poor all the time. umm im looking for like uhh a crunchy distortion sound mostly, i go clean just so play around but im usually fully distorted, like a punk sound i guess, little heavier usually.
Quote by SiniXter
i read the Q and A article and my knowledge about amps has increased dramatically. So, everyone in my band has at least a 100w, im playing through a 60 or 80 i dunno. I still quite dont understand Tubes/Valves. I dont want an amp where i have it burn out or something and replace and blah blah. I want an amp i can play through thats good enough for practice and gigs. Dont know about brand names either, if theyre good or not. Sorry if i was suposed to post this in that thread but, i appreciate all help,thanks.

GET A NEW AMP
I WANT TO USE URES !
><