Hi, im looking into buying a halfstack, or just a nice tube amp. I went to Long and Mcquade yesterday to check out some stacks. My lead singer played through an MG head with a les paul, and it sound way awesome distortion, he and I loved the distortion. But i keep hearing that the mgs are crap for their sound and the way their built. So im not really sure what to do in this situation. I remember playing through a mg before by myself at a friends house and i loved the distortion, alot of power, alot of thump that i loved. But the issue of breaking down came to that amp, it was fixed at least twice. what do u guys think?
I got no job
I got no car
but im in a band:-)

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Peavy transtube 112 bandit -
If you like it, get it. But I played one (MG100 half stack) and wasn't happy with all the noise it made. Check out www.musicgearreview.com for reviews on it.
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
well if you liek it what's the problem? personally don;t like them and neither do 99.9% of guitar players (although I've seen an ad with Zakk Wylde endorsing them :S)
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
i used to own the mg half stack and loved it for a bit, then as my ear became more developed i kind of grew out of it. if you want a good marshall tone i would consider looking for a used marshall jcm 2000 either dsl401 or one of the tsl's. these are expensive new but you could find a decent one used. good luck on your quest
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
i heard nice things about the dsls, and i know jcms are really expensive, hmmm, what do you guys think about the dsl-100?
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
i got a line 6 head and it kicks ass
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Try out loads of other amps, then if you still like the MG head over all of them, get it.
But personally, MG's sound incredibly bland.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Macank
i heard nice things about the dsls, and i know jcms are really expensive, hmmm, what do you guys think about the dsl-100?

They're nice amps, but I'd go for a DSL50 personally, it'll break up at lower volumes and sound better.
Don't be afraid to care"

^@ guy with Spider: You're dumb.

Mac: DSLs are great. But I should probably point out that DSL and TSL are different kinds of JCM2000.
Yea... thanks
Don't be afraid to care"

Yea, I know I'm not lol, and I guessed you meant the other guy, scince he seems very stupid from what he said.
Don't be afraid to care"

ok, i want like a heavy sound from the head, and sum 41 uses the dsl-50, but my bassit said that it wouldnt be loud enough for practices and such?
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Your bassist is wrong.
Don't be afraid to care"

Correct your bassist by making him stand in front of your amp on full volume. That'll teach him.
hmm well i still need to try out the dsl, yesterday i tried to play one, but someone broke it, because in the back the tubes where cracked and crap like that, so i was mad
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
Quote by Danno13
Correct your bassist by making him stand in front of your amp on full volume. That'll teach him.

Haha, actually try that, he'll either be proven wrong, or turn deaf.
Don't be afraid to care"

lol, but the thing is theres more dsl 100 on ebay than 50s ahah,
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -
^Well, if you want to kill your bassist (which might be funny), get the 100.
Hmm, well try both of them (there won't be much difference), but decide which one would suit you for practicing etc.
The thing about the DSL50 is, because of the lower wattage, it has less headroom (volume it takes for the valves to break up), therefore getting better tones at lower volumes, and trust me, it'll be loud enough for you.
Don't be afraid to care"

ok i will try to find the 50 some where, or just wait on ebay to get me one
I got no job
I got no car

my stuff i got:
Ibanez SZ -
Squire Strat - and
Fender 25R amp -
Line6 Pod 2.0 pedal -