Page 1 of 2
Dimebag Darrel
Or one of the incrediblest drummers...
john bon jones
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Jimi Hendrix. He had so much potential, too bad his life was cut so short.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
Jimi was lucky he died when he did. It would've been all down hill for him from where he was.
Probably Hendrix, he had so much left in him. Only 27 when he died. Plus, Band of Gypsys shows the fantastic direction he was going in as a musician.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Quote by Ali_Boulala
Dimebag Darrel
john bon jones

John Bon Jones?

Mine would be John Bohnam.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Well, I guess I'd choose either Hendrix or Duane Allman. Both of them died so young; the world only got to hear a whisper of them.

I would choose Bonzo, but Zep was, to be honest, out of their prime by In Through the Outdoor, which I think was a good enough album for them to end on (it'd be great to see them live, though).

I also would've chose Jerry Garcia, but the Dead were, sort of like Zeppelin, way out of their prime. The concerts weren't about the music entirely anymore - people would go set up booths to make cash off of the true fans.

But there's still many more that died too young...

Stevie
Janis Joplin
Jim Morrison
Berry Oakley

Etc., etc.
Quote by Ali_Boulala
Dimebag Darrel
john bon jones

lol what is he, a cross between Jon Bon Jovi, John Bonham, and John Paul Jones?
Hendrix or Lennon. one of those two, they're like the greatest musicians ever to live.
Quote by darkstar2466
Who is responsible for bring back a thread from Two Thousand motherfucking Six?

*holds a paddle in hand, ready for whacking*
Stevie Ray Vaughan or John Lennon. So much potential.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

I wouldn't bring anyone back. I'd rather have my role models die as legends than die as washed up has been musicians that took their career too far. I will tell you, however, who I think still had a lot of potential. Bon Scott and AC/DC were just making it big time when he passed on, if he was still alive him and AC/DC most likely would have gone in a different direction than they did in the 80's.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Dimebag
Chuck Schuldiner
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Randy Rhodes
Last edited by DeathMetal18 at May 6, 2006,
Bon!
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
all these people saying Lennon?

why?

His music at that point in his career was complete crap, save a few songs here and there.

Ya, he could have helped World Peace, but not much more than he already did. Granted, he was a symbol, but still, i think someone like Duane Allman, who was a flawless musician, and who didn't waste five years of his life fooling around with some japanese freak, should get a second chance.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Keith Moon and John Entwhilste, John Lennon and George Harrison. Just so the original Who lineup would be complete, and a Beatles reunion would be possible.
most definately either

Keith Moon (OMG JOHN ENTWISTLE'S DEAD?!? [seriously])
SRV
Randy Rhoads
Jimi Hendrix
John Lennon
George Harrison
Quote by blues_rocker

Robert Johnson

I think him, actually, without doubt.
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Keith Moon
Jimi Hendrix
Jim Morrison
John Entwistle
George Harrison
John Lennon
John Bonham
Noel Redding

Any one of them

on a side note, if i could bring one rockstar from insanity it would be Syd Barrett
mama let that boy, play some rock n roll
Quote by vanceboy
ah, well, Pl3h-B0y is the real deal, so what he says goes.

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
Quote by psychodelia
lol what is he, a cross between Jon Bon Jovi, John Bonham, and John Paul Jones?

My Spanish Hearts
no ones said freddie mercury.. would have probably written another 5 albums with queen before he gave up.
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
^No one has said him because not everyone has the unhealthy obsession with him and Queen that you do

Anyway, I kinda agree with karateguy29. I would rather have them remain as legends rather than see them fade away as the years progress. But I would still love very much to see Randy Rhoads alive and well today. But tis only to remain a dream..
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Last edited by TheUltimateSin at May 7, 2006,
Bob Marley, so much spirit and vibes.
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Jimi Hendrix
Freddie Mercury
John Lennon
Bon Scott
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Shannon Hoon of Blind Melon, that band had a great chance to become something spectactular.

GANJA

ALL HAIL TO THA JAMMA!!
John Bonham
Jimi Hendrix
Bon Scott
Cozy Powell (first to mention him as usual )
Freddie Mercury

and the list goes on ... and on ... and on ... and on ...
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Pay heed to this man, because he speaks the truth.
Dang, I thought this was about the Grateful Dead...

As much as I think it'd be cool to have Garcia alive and well, he was tired. I think he was at the end of his run. It was time.

But, I do think Frank Zappa coming back would be pretty cool. He was going to run for Prez, that would have been so cool
^shit i forgot about him.
Quote by vanceboy

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Cptbeefheart to join!
Name That Riff!
Quote by jesusgonewrong
Bob Marley, so much spirit and vibes.

YES! Finally someone else who wants Marley back!
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
Quote by Danne55
Cozy Powell

The man that could've/would've replaced Bonzo.

You guys know what would be interesting? If time travel was ever found to be possible, and it was mastered, if we could somehow prevent the deaths of these guys just to see what direction things would go in.

I mean, a lot of great music was created after/because of these guys deaths, and would not have been if they hadn't died, but it'd have been great to see what guys like Hendrix, Allman, Vaughan, etc. would've come out with had they not died so young.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
The man that could've/would've replaced Bonzo.

You guys know what would be interesting? If time travel was ever found to be possible, and it was mastered, if we could somehow prevent the deaths of these guys just to see what direction things would go in.

Actually, I watched a video in my physics class some time ago and a few very well educated researchers discovered that it would be possible for time travel. The only problem is that, according to what they have researched, it would be impossible to go back any further than when the time-travel device was made. Don't ask me for any in-depth explanation though, since I can't possibly explain it. Just throwing in my random tid-bit of info for the day is all
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by alliwant
YES! Finally someone else who wants Marley back!

I think most people would like Marley back (myself included), but this being CR, and Marley being reggae, he hasn't been mentioned
Ironically... Jerry Garcia
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
^^Really? I thought me and deadead313313 both gave some good reasons as to why he it's okay he's dead...

Oh, god, that sounded awful.

His death was horrible - I meant to say that he should've just retired the Dead, and maybe continued with some bluesgrass stuff or something that didn't have him touring so much.

Poor Jerry... his body just couldn't live the life he was leading.
Has anyone mentioned the Lynyrd Skynyrd members that died in that plane crash? Just imagine what would have happened if that plane didnt crash.
Quote by vanceboy

Name That Riff!
Hendrix and Duane Allmand man, if they would have survived, the mainstream music scene in the 70's and 80's would have been completely different (probobly a whole lot better) than it turned out being.
Page 1 of 2