I'm thinking of buying this guitar but I would like some thoughts on it first. Reason I want it is mahagony body which should give me dark, fat and warm sound alongside neck-thru for big sustain and that's exactly what I'm looking for. If I buy it I'll prolly replace pickups with EMG's (60, 85) but I'm wondering what other guitars will give me similar sound and is this Ibanez good buy?
I should probably mention that I need it for Drone/Doom type of music...closest band I can think of is Sunn O))).
how much are you paying for it?
and it what place?...CAD or USD?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

**** Son, i was hoping to get one too in a few months...but i dont think ic an afford it now...so i guess im going ot settle for the RG350DX...mmmm whiteness worth 700 dollars, god i hate the Canadian Dollar.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

I have the RGT42DX!!!!

It's a great guitar... besides the looks (I don't like how it looks that much). It has a very deep tone, but very bright pickups... so the guitar's wood doesn't shine through in your playing... which is a good merit for new pickups (which I plan on getting soon, the Miracle Man set from Bare Knuckle Pickups). The stock pickups just suck anyways.

It is a great buy (I scored mine for like 450 at Sam Ash with a big sale), and I couldn't be happier for the price. Set neck which is extremely fast, and great upper fret playability. Inlays are pretty cool, the bridge is very comfy when resting your palm on it, and the guitar is very light.

I'd say go for it.
Get this blemished one from zZounds.com for $469. The site says only 1 left and I just returned it 2 weeks ago, it was very nice and the only visible blemish was a scratched plastic cover over the knobs on teh back of the guitar. I MUST warn you however the neck is not the super thin original Wizard or Prestige Wizard neck you may be after. The wizard II neck feels just like Schecter neck thrus or LTD neck thrus in width , frets, and fingerboard radius. Ive owned a RG570 and presently own a Prestige S1520 so Im not imagining the difference in them. The Edge Pro 2 trem is decent ALOT better than the licensed trems on LTDs but not up to par with an Edge Pro or older Edge/Lo Pro Edge.

So dont pay $650 get this one for $459 it had absolutely zero flaws on teh neck, paint, body or electronics, it sounded way warmer than the LTD M200FM I owned for a while.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARGT42DX
Quote by CustomCustom
Get this blemished one from zZounds.com for $469. The site says only 1 left and I just returned it 2 weeks ago, it was very nice and the only visible blemish was a scratched plastic cover over the knobs on teh back of the guitar. I MUST warn you however the neck is not the super thin original Wizard or Prestige Wizard neck you may be after. The wizard II neck feels just like Schecter neck thrus or LTD neck thrus in width , frets, and fingerboard radius. Ive owned a RG570 and presently own a Prestige S1520 so Im not imagining the difference in them. The Edge Pro 2 trem is decent ALOT better than the licensed trems on LTDs but not up to par with an Edge Pro or older Edge/Lo Pro Edge.

So dont pay $650 get this one for $459 it had absolutely zero flaws on teh neck, paint, body or electronics, it sounded way warmer than the LTD M200FM I owned for a while.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARGT42DX

The Wizard II defentially feels thinner than the LTD neck thrus and the Schecter neck thrus.