It was pretty sweet, but the guy's voice irratated me.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs
This is what happens when a white guy tried to sing like Jimi. That drummer was way too old and fat, and it was mostly lame, Slash at least tried to make a show of it which was admirable, but the other "musicians" were dire, honestly, noone can match the incomparable Jimi Hendrix
What Comes Before Part B? Partaaaaay!

Quote by HammettHead
lmao psykopoo ur a bloody genius!
Quote by psykopoo
That drummer was way too old and fat, and it was mostly lame,

I believe that drummer was Mitch Mitchell (though I would have to say, he was notoriusly sloppy in many live recordings I've heard in any case...)
Quote by seljer
I believe that drummer was Mitch Mitchell

I suppose I could riff a list of things I care as little about as that guys name.
Let's see:
Low-carb diets,
Michael Moore,
the Republican National Convention,
Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products,
high definition TV,
the Bush daughters,
wireless hot spots,
The O. C.,
the U.N.,
recycling,
getting Punk'd,
Danny Gans;
the Latin Grammys,
the real Grammys,
Jeff the Wiggle that sleeps too darn much,
the Yankees payroll,
The red states,
The blue states,
every hybrid car,
every talk show host,
everything on the planet,
everything in the solar system,
everything that exists, Eveything everything everything eveything everything everything everything everything eveything everything everything everything everything eveything everything everything in past, present, future, discovered and undiscovered dimensions.

Oh...and Hugh Jackman.

Phew, been saving that one for a while...
What Comes Before Part B? Partaaaaay!

Quote by HammettHead
lmao psykopoo ur a bloody genius!
Quote by psykopoo
I suppose I could riff a list of things I care as little about as that guys name.

...the drummer that played in the original Jimi Hendrix Experience lineup?

and I guess it being introduction of Hendrix into the hall of fame they'd try to bring back together the original band?

either that or you're really apathic
The singer is Steve Winwood. This obviously isn't his best stuff, but he has an impressive body of work with Traffic, Blind Faith, and other projects.

Mitch Mitchell was awesome back in the day. I want to see how he'd do on fire.

The bassist is maybe Billy Cox? I'm not sure.

But, Slash was... ugh. Read the stuff in the link in my above post, it covers most of the criticism of his performance.
Whoever said Mitch was too fat and old to participate in a tribute to a man he actually played with and helped make famous is a complete moron.

Steve Winwood is known for a blues singing persona, so why not have him pay tribute as the singer? The performance was good, not landmark or anything but still good.
Bow down to the king....the King of Kings
Just saw it. I was a little disappointed with Slash's performance. It was the wrong type of guitar and settings for that situation.
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Quote by seljer
...the drummer that played in the original Jimi Hendrix Experience lineup?

and I guess it being introduction of Hendrix into the hall of fame they'd try to bring back together the original band?

either that or you're really apathic

it's obvious that the guy knows **** about Jimi Hendrix or the Jimi Hendrix Experience
My Spanish Hearts
Steve Winwood is an amazing vocalist, I love Traffic
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
I posted this video quite some time ago in the blues and jazz section.

It's ok I guess, I don't think Slash's playing is great and I don't like his new tone.

I just wish I could see Slash playing this back in the day.

Cheers,
CD
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Quote by psykopoo
This is what happens when a white guy tried to sing like Jimi. That drummer was way too old and fat, and it was mostly lame, Slash at least tried to make a show of it which was admirable, but the other "musicians" were dire, honestly, noone can match the incomparable Jimi Hendrix

If Hendrix were still alive and looked old and fat would you say that about him?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Quote by jimmyjimjim
slash looked like he cared **** about where he was and what he was doing

I'm pretty sure thats the image he has always gone for/acheived.
Rig:
1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 50
Marshall 1960 Slant Cab
VOX10T552 Wah
Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
Slash is the coolest person ever. If I could be 1/4 as cool as him, I could die happy, but I think his playing here is WAY sub par.

Cheers,
CD
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
I can't stand those vocals and I didn't like the intro.
Other than that I liked it

The bassist is maybe Billy Cox? I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure that the bassist is Billy Cox
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
I've never really felt that clip. My band and a host of others do it much better.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
im surprised to see so many negative responses i know slash is way overrated but i loved that guitar tone maybe it wasnt right for that song but he made it his own and id kill to get that sound
Quote by jimmyjimjim
slash looked like he cared **** about where he was and what he was doing

Have you EVER seen Slash play live? Obviously not otherwise you'd know he pretty much always looks like that when he plays guitar.

This wasn't the best set up for a Jimmy Hendrix tribute, but they tried and I think with the set up they had it wasn't half bad.
Quote by psykopoo

The drummer was Mitch Mitchell from the original Experience, including the original drum track for 'Hey Joe'.
Don't make absolute bullcrap claims. Honestly, ****e like this ticks me off slightly.
Atleast you made the decency to shut up afterwards.
This thread didn't need resurrecting. It was a long time ago and I'd managed to forget that evening of terrible, terrible music.