Page 1 of 2
i like them, but all there songs sound similar. all double bass, and always have a rhythm guitarist doing something like
00 00 00 3
or
00 00 33 33
or
00 00 00 00
etc same thing over and over again but i still like them
Very, very generic music, but I can't help liking the good songs by them.

EDIT: Can't wait to see what the flamers are going to say...
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Awsome band, very generic. the truth of my perception has some mind blowing guitar work. great live band to, touring Aus with bleeding through rite now.
they are amazing. period.

favorite songs? mine is Repeating Yesterday.
"Hey kid. You wanna cigarette?"

"No thanks! I/m already hooked on Fonicks!"

Amazing band. yeah their bass and rythm guitar is the same in every song. i love the lead tho and the singer is one of the greatest screamer/song writer of his genre
Quote by Blackout'
Awsome band, very generic. the truth of my perception has some mind blowing guitar work. great live band to, touring Aus with bleeding through rite now.

I like As I Lay Dying a lot, but I don't really think they have "mind-blowing" guitar work.
Lol @ Thread
Quote by fronkpies
Just search "japanese chicks with big fat dicks" on google and you'll see.
I like As I Lay Dying a lot, but I don't really think they have "mind-blowing" guitar work

i didnt say that bud, i said that about the truth of my perception.
I listened to this band for awhile, got a little bored of it though. It's the kind of music that would get me going but the guitars were too easy for me to play so i searched into iron maiden and malmsteen to learn their stuff. Cheers to As I Lay Dying, don't hate 'em- just not into them anymore.
I really like As I Lay Dying. They're like the first band that got me into hardcore stuff. At first i thought they were pretty much the greatest thing to happen to music but ive listened to alot of stuff since then and they're pretty far from the top. They are pretty generic but i think they sort of defined what generic is for metalcore. Does anyone else think that?
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
I dig them. I have the latest album and it's pretty good IMO, but I've heard Frail Words Collapse is better.
Frail Words has fewer songs with the heavy verse-clean chorus formula, but it has more songs with Norma Jean-style "dissonant just to piss you off because we can't think of anything else" riffs. I like the guitar work on it better, even without the solos. It's basically a trade-off.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Im more into organized metalcore these guys at times seem so everywhere, I have Beneath the encasing of ashes which sucks, and the decent album Shadows are Security.

Hate to sound generic but Through Struggle is really the best song on that CD.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
i have frail words and shadows are security. i bearly ever listen to frail words because it just bores me. the new cd has more catchy choruses which i like if they are done right, and in my opinion, AILD is one of the few that pulls it off well. they have always been one of those classic bands for me that put me in a good mood.
Thats cool yes my favorite songs are Forever and Darkest Nights, and Behind me Lies another fallen soldier

Great band period
Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love em. Fav songs- Meaning in Tragedy(I cant believe noone has said this so far) and Forever.
they are very awesome, even if their songs sound similar i think they are very good to keep people liking them even though its similar, i like their open strings
Quote by sk8boardbob2
Love em. Fav songs- Meaning in Tragedy(I cant believe noone has said this so far) and Forever.

I love the breakdown at the end of this song. But yeah, I can see how some people think their generic. I think that part of that stigma comes from the amount of metalcore bands that are using very similar styles...drop C and riffing between the 5th and 10th fret. I would have to say that AILD and Darkest Hour are the two bands that originally got me into metalcore. AILD can get a bit repetative though, but they're very polished.
First off I think all of thier songs sound the same, but having said that I must admit that the breakdown in Through Struggle is THE BEST I have ever heard!!!!!!
Quote by koganinja
First off I think all of thier songs sound the same, but having said that I must admit that the breakdown in Through Struggle is THE BEST I have ever heard!!!!!!

AILD - "Through Struggle" < Unearth - "Black Hearts Now Reign"
I have cancer, fight me.
YOU WON'T.
Quote by SilentSpectacle
AILD - "Through Struggle" < Unearth - "Black Hearts Now Reign"

if were going to beat them with an unearth song it should be "zombie autopilot"

but no one can beat there video, "confined". that has to be the sweetest music video ever.
Quote by J Lock
Good.
Cause if not, we'd peer pressure you till you cried.
Then we'd bro-rape you.

Page 1 of 2