Page 1 of 2
Wow! I played one of these amps at a music store today and it was great! It can really put out any style of music, from punk to metal to thrash to acoustic to classic rock! Its pretty inexpensive too, only about 250$$ on sale. Anyone else own or have played this amp? Whats a good guitar to play through it because I think I'm getting a new guitar soon as well
i play a schector omen 6 through it, its badass for metal, but its only good for practice alone since u cant hear 30 watts over drums, so if ur thinknig of that u mgiht want to save for a line6 spider II, pretty inexpensive for significant wattage
ive got a micro cube and a its like the same thing if not what your talking about and its awsome i got my guitar at a pawn shop like 3 years ago and my buddy has a peavy raptor+
and it works great through both of them
I own one. It is loud enough to be heard over drums in a small/medium gig, but you might want the 60 watt version for comfort. It's a great amp, and you will be happy with it.
Quote by MavataR
thats one hell of a find. Did it have change in the case? cause you probably stole it from a busker who was off taking a piss.

i listenedto the roland, but i think you should check out the Spider II, 210, or (or one of the lower wattage) I think their better, especially for metal.
Quote by CraigKing
i listenedto the roland, but i think you should check out the Spider II, 210, or (or one of the lower wattage) I think their better, especially for metal.

Prepare to be flamed by 5 people.
Your body has parts your country can spare! By the way son, here's your wheelchair!
Quote by CraigKing

ARE YOU AN ASS???
roar
I have tried it, the flanger and phaser sucks ass, the delay is not long enough, but its ok, and the reverb is so-so.
THe fav effect is probably r-fier.
I asked about the Cube 60 and everyone seemed to think it was excellent so im assuming the 30 is just a quieter version and will be just as capable. Im getting my 60 for £130 which im assuming is around $250 (correct me if im wrong) so i dnt think the 30 is really gonna be that expensive.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
Line 6 Spider ??????????

Are You An Idiot ??? Your Ears Will Bleed Blood And Guts !!!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by Connorcore
Baha, I like your sig, Slayer

come on, can we try to keep on topic, please?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by CraigKing
Yeah XD.

you too.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wow,,...... DMC is in the HOUSE !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
if the 30 is anything like the 60 it'll rock. i love mine. but lately its started to sound way to solid state for me. i guess my ears developing faster than my wallet
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Haha don't all of our ears ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
it sucks though. a month ago i loved it, now it just annoys me....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^yeah, that's what i thought about the microcube when i tried it recently. Great for the cash, but there was no mistaking it was ss...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah it just sound to thin for me.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^yep. that's about it.

I have to say i was relieved- justified my engl purchase, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Then by a tube........ if you have the money, eh Mr. "ValBee" ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
ha ha yeah. i found someone in town with a 89 dsl, i may buy it like next year or something, but i want the valbee to hold me off until then
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
But you wouldnt gig with it right ?? The ValBee I mean....

Keep the faith, baby!!
i dont have any gigs. the only gig is battle of the bands. they have their own amps and i have no band. i just want this for recording and home playing.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Quote by bluespunkmetal
But you wouldnt gig with it right ?? The ValBee I mean....

yeah, i'd doubt it at 5 watts. you'd be struggling to get cleans at any usable volume at the very least...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hahaha

Keep the faith, baby!!
thats why we have DSL's. the cube cranked wouldn't be very nice. at all
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Don't crank it............ mic it !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
the cube series is a great value. they have their place. they have a great tone, plenty of usable effects, the 60 has a speaker out, they are compact, and they last forever.

when ur ready to go tube then at least u didnt spend a ton on a monster u cant even use in ur bedroom.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^yeah, i know, don't get me wrong.

If they'd been around when I was starting out (they probably were, or something similar, only I was too stupid to realise it), I'd have got one of them (or maybe a valvetronix) in a second.

they're great for letting you see which tones you use most.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
just once you start hearing some of the higher end stuff the cube can sound off. but regardless a very nice choice for a second amp
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Yep, I'm gettin one for b'day......21st May, I'm 16 !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
did my song help? it the rectifier setting with the gain a about half, the treble at 8, mids at 6.5 and bass at 7.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I'll probably pick it up during the week sometime

Was your song on the RFIER setting? I played that same guitar that you have in your sig through it at the store and the RFIER setting didn't sound like that.

ot, but hows that Ibanez RG 370 DX in your sig work out? I really liked the one I played at the store and might buy that too
Page 1 of 2