that small hole is a screw. your gonna need a small screwdriver or the straight end of a bobbie pin to get in there. you unscrew that and the knob will come right off
don't worry, chuck norris can fix it.
your gonna need to unscrew it in a counter clockwise direction
don't worry, chuck norris can fix it.
Wrap the edge of your shirt or something under the knob, and then pull.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Sure, no problem
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Okay I wanted to add something to this thread. My P bass knobs are impossible to remove, I thought they were the screw-on kind, after ckecking over and over I was convinced there was no screw so I read online and I found out that you can take a plastic bag (bare with me!) wrap it around the knob, get it under there! If you use both handles and pull it pops right off. This is the ONLY way my knobs will come off of my Squier P bass. No amount of pulling or knives worked on this particular bass. I just thought maybe others have this problem.
Yes, there are knobs that push on, and knobs with set screws. It it doesn't have a set screw, then it is a push on. The T-shirt technique and plastic bag technique should all work, the flathead screwdriver will mar the finish. What I do personally is take two guitar picks, one on either side, and pry it off with that, as they are soft and won't scratch it as easily.

If you are really interested, Stewmac has a knob and bushing puller.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Not sure about this particular guitar, but usually there is an allen screw in tone knobs. Take the guitar to a hardware store and try out small allen wrenches until you find the one you need.