Hey. I recently played an orange Rocker 30 combo and loved it. Now I am intereseted in purchasing an orange amp and am wondering whats the difference in sound between the Rocker 30 and AD30HTC head coming out of a Marshall 1936 2x12 cab? The reason Im wondering is becuase instead of trading in my DSL 50 head and 1936 cab for a Rocker 30, I could just do a trade with the DSL 50 and AD30HTC heads. Any input would be appreciated. I play "rock" which is pretty much anyhting. Any help would be awesome.

And if anyone knows how much a rocker 30 just the head is that would help.
Last edited by statopaul_mark at May 6, 2006,
it should sound fine with it running thru a marshall cab. maybe just a touch darker though, but nice. i'd just get the AD and run it through the marshall cab.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Thanks for the help so far. How much price difference is betweent the AD30HTC and the Rocker 30 combo? Also how much does the Rocker head retail for?
The Rocker is a very different sounding amp, and the Rocker 30 sounds different than the rest of the Rocker series(different circuitry and EL84 output valves instead of EL34s). The AD series has less gain and also a less modern/agressive voicing. It also has less saturation in the gain structure.

If you like the Rocker, go for it. The heads are almost the same price new, at least online(~$1100) and the Rocker combo is about a hundred more.
Thanks for the help, I like the Rocker 30 but I found its not loud enough. I was wondering if an extension cab would help this problem?
Quote by statopaul_mark
Thanks for the help, I like the Rocker 30 but I found its not loud enough. I was wondering if an extension cab would help this problem?

It'll sound a lot louder with a larger extension cab, especially one with a closed back.
Quote by MoneyForNothin'
It'll sound a lot louder with a larger extension cab, especially one with a closed back.

Nice, thats exactly what I wanted to hear. Do you know of any cabs preferebly 1x12 or 2x12 that would sound good with it for under 500? Im already runnign low on cash from the rocker 30. Thanks.