Yeah, so ive been thinkin of sellin my KH202. Im gunna plolish it and fix it up so its in perfect condition first, but does anyoen know how much i could get for this now used KH202?
About £400 ish or a bit less in the uk, where are you?
Last edited by jonnyguitarman at May 6, 2006,
Well
I would imagine since it's used, about half of what you paid for it, maybe a bit more.
it all depends on the condition. if it's as perfect as u say it is, about 3/4ths of what u paid for it.
Quote by jonnyguitarman
About £400 ish or a bit less in the uk, where are you?

Im in America, i only paid 450 for it in the first place.

If i could manage to get about 3/4 of that that'd be pretty good
Well it depends on the place you trade it in..

A pawn shop will probably give yout he least, but they give you cash.

A local music store might or might not be a good idea, they could give you money or a trade in..

A chain store (guitar center) are usually the most reasonable, and if you have to take store credit (like most music stores give) you'd be best off selling it to a chain store because they have the most products for you to buy with your money.

Usually for a good condition instrument you'll get 1/2 to 2/3 the price they sell it new for, and as the condition gets poorer the more it goes down. The biggest thing is probably deep scratches or dings in the front of the guitar, neck and fretboard damage.. Other than that if its minute you could maybe fix it or even just polish it.

Remember, this is their lowest price, not list, not their advertised price, pretty much the lowest they'll sell the new instrument for. then they mark it up to resell it

Usually you'll get between 1/3 and 1/2 the value for a guitar.
Most places can give you more store credit, then if you got it in cash.
Ebay. Just put the reserve on a price that you think is reasonable. So if it doesn't reach don't sell. If it does you got exactly what you wanted.
aw, i thought metallica were trading in hammett for a better guitarist... i was just dropping in to offer a hearty congratulations!

seriously, though, i second genocide.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Metallicat251
Im in America, i only paid 450 for it in the first place.

If i could manage to get about 3/4 of that that'd be pretty good

Think we must be getting ripped off over here!