Well I remember that as a little kid I really like Neil Young, so the other day I pusted out a couple of his albums, Freedom and Harvest Moon. I found that I still enjoy his work

His music isnt my usual stuff, but it totally kicks ass. Agree? Disagree?
He is amazing. One of the best songwriters ever. You should really get into his better stuff.
Such as Harvest, Zuma, and Everybody Knows This is Nowhere. There is a Neil Young thread floating around here somewhere.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Amazing musician, love him.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Neil's awesome - any band he's been with has been awesome, whether with Buffalo Sringfield, any of the Crosby, Stills, and Nash guys, Crazy Horse, etc.

My only complaint is he can't solo too well, but who cares? Lol.
great artist, one of my favorites. I love Rockin ' in the freeworld
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
Quote by jimmyjimjim
and hes the godfather of grunge
absolutely. Listen to Ragged Glory for proof.

Neil Young = awesome, we all know that.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Good ol' Neil.

'Live Rust' is awesome. I listened to it in the office today.

Cheers,
CD
Phish Phan
Dead Head
moe. ron.
Phil's Friend
Neil owns.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
Neil is amazing. Cowgirl in the Sand (any version) is amazing. He is a great songwriter,and a good guitarist as well.

PS Sorry the space key onthe school keyboard sucks.

EDIT: Fixed the spaces (I'm at home now so my keyboard works )
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Last edited by blues_rocker at May 12, 2006,
His new album, Living With War, kicks arse aswell. It sounds like the electric side of Rust Never Sleeps. Of course if you really oppose his views of the war i guess you wouldn't dig it, but the use of a 100 strong choir really gives his lyrics alot of power.
^^is that released yet? I have heard absolutely nothing about it being released, but have heard very good things about the album.
Quote by Thefallofman
Ya, it got released on May 8. I believe it is on his website too. It was a very quiet release for some reason.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

I love pretty much all his songs. He's one of the artists I can stand to listen to for hours on end without getting bored. He has so much style and variety in his music, is great. I have the chance to go see CSNY in Toronto in July, but it will be a pain to get there and back, plus tickets and stuff. I don't know if its worth it...
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
yeah i bought it the other day. it was released the 8th of may but it hasnt been getting to some stores an such. but it should be there by now.
His newest album has been on the radio for a while, and if you're hardcore enough you can download it. Not that I'm promoting stealing it
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
At Chez 106 (radio station in Ottawa) We have an only Neil Young show 2 hours of straight Neil Young. They promoted living with war to death, they played it all the way through several times. It was pretty cool though, the album sounds good.
Administrator of the "Guitarists born in 1991 Club" PM me or greendayguitar to join.

Feel free to add me
Neil Young is awesome artist. Period. Gotta love Rockin' In The Free World
It's Raining in my Cranium
I rly love Neil Young bu theirs something about rockin' in the free world that rly annoys me! i dont know what it is but it gets me so angry...
Probably because it is played way too much where you live or because of the very repetitive chorus. Its a good song but not one of his very best.

Quote by Cptbeefheart
Ya, it got released on May 8. I believe it is on his website too. It was a very quiet release for some reason.
damn, definately a quit release...I knew absolutely nothing about it
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by thecool
I rly love Neil Young bu theirs something about rockin' in the free world that rly annoys me! i dont know what it is but it gets me so angry...

RITFW needs to be heard live. the album version is ok, but live its amazing.
i got "broken arrow" two days ago, and the next day got harvest...two of the greatest albums ever.
Quote by JimmyPageSlash
nice i like how rocker clothes are cheap. im gonna be dressing completely rocker soon

TOOL ALERT
Agreed, Neil Young is an incredible musician. Not my usual cup of tea either, in theory, I generally go for louder stuff, or at least music with a less folksy/grunge-country vibe (for lack of a better way to put it...I'm definatly not suggesting that the guy's a country musician here).

I think I 'discovered' his stuff when I was 15, when I popped in one of my dad's cassettes as I often do, to hear the Rust Never Sleeps album on side 1, and the After the Gold Rush album on side 2. It was like...love at first listen. That cassette, along with the Eagles' Hotel California, were in my stereo constantly throughout most of grade 10.
Quote by lacey_the_crazy
Not my usual cup of tea either, in theory, I generally go for louder stuff, or at least music with a less folksy/grunge-country vibe (for lack of a better way to put it...I'm definatly not suggesting that the guy's a country musician here).
weeell...I take it you've never heard his album Old Ways

so anyways, today (after I got my haircut ) I was browsing through CDs at the mall and I finally bought Tonight's the Night. I also had Neil's new album in my hand, but couldn't bring myself to buy it. I have heard nothing from and and very little about it (although what I've heard about it is very good).

What are your opinions on this album?
Quote by Thefallofman
Last edited by BrainDamage at May 21, 2006,