I took them out of a guitar and want to put them in another but lost the instructions. I am going to make a Texas Special Fat Strat with a SD 59.

Which pickup is the reverse wound middle and which one would be recommended at the neck? They are marked with a red, green and no dot.
Last edited by Siciliano at May 6, 2006,
I'm hunting down my instructions, i'll edit this post with them in a minute.

EDIT: Mine seem to be missing, too.

Try to find the diagram on Fender.com
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at May 6, 2006,
i forgot which color is which, but u can hook it up to a meter, and check the output of each.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well, you know which is the middle now, and if im not mistaken, the bridge pickup is the one w/o the dot. Don't quote me on that, though.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
That appears to be correct. I just checked and the Yellow wire pickup has no dot and is the reverse wound middle. Now the question is what am I going to do with that surplus Texas Special since I am breaking up the set?
I think it's probably better to save it just in case I have the itch to install them together again someday. Thanks!