i think 3 is too much. so ill go with 6
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
I have never seen a three string bass.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by crfowler_09
why is three too much

*sarcasm* well i think that three strings is overdoing it, and it would be too crowded */sarcasm*
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
to be honest I think his hair looked awesome long, and he was quite sextastic to be honest... I'd do him

haha, you'd do me....

The Tim Sawyer of the Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Once I was slapping and I snapped the G-string (lol). I got a new string and as soon as I started slapping on that it also snapped. I was most disappointed. Turns out my bridge was f**ked.
Quote by Killa K
Once I was slapping and I snapped the G-string (lol). I got a new string and as soon as I started slapping on that it also snapped. I was most disappointed. Turns out my bridge was f**ked.

and how is that relevant, exactly?
6 is too much and 3 too lil, i'd go for a 5
"but i don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"oh, you can't help that," said the Cat. "we're all mad here."
~lewis carroll
^For some reason, I find all of those saddening... theyre kind of like feet compared to hands.

But the question is what string are they missing?
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
why choose? key word in a relationship: compromise.

4 and a half strings. like a banjo!
considering i want a six-string and it will most likly be my next big purchase..

i'll have to take the 3..
I'd definately go for six string if you definately wanna make use of the extra range. I don't get this idea that by being limited to a four string you are more creative. With six string you can voice all kinds of chords you could never do on a four, you can play even lower grooves if you want or you can solo up high. It gives you way more options and expands what is more immediately possible so you can have fun with all kinds of things.
Six strings are always better than three.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT
Why buy a 3 string? Get a lighter and make your own.

What if he means 6 as, like, a doubled 3 string? (12 string geetar)
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
well, basses were originally 3stringed back in the ol' viol days, and get a 6string if you are sure the 6 strings will be used, otherwise, 4/5string is the way to go
Wow - three strings is genius. I hadn't seen one before but I love the first of those.

But anyway, be sensible and use four, and then move to five if you find you need extra range. There's no need for this bass-string-number-oneupmanship
Quote by smb
Wow - three strings is genius. I hadn't seen one before but I love the first of those.

But anyway, be sensible and use four, and then move to five if you find you need extra range. There's no need for this bass-string-number-oneupmanship

Why do people think it is about showing off the fact you have extra strings? You can do so much more music that you could not play otherwise without extra strings.

And also, most six string players do not look down on four strings. I love four string and six string, I just use them for different things.
Quote by katana_manatee
You can do so much more music that you could not play otherwise without extra strings.

That doesn't make sense, ffs.
Member #8 of the "I Love Waterbears" club!! PM Phantom lord363 to join

Member #2 of the "I love Mexican food" club. PM frozen-dirt to join.

Machine-gun tappist of the Bass Militia. PM Duff_McGee or IndieMetalhead to join.

LOL @ RABBIT