Today my mom bought be as a birthday present a Mexican Strat. Like this one, but a little darker. http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0134602325 I have 2 seymour duncan single coil pickups . I was wondering if i should go ahead and put the pickups in. I would probaly be replacing the bridge and neck pickups. How would it affect the sound? Would it look cool having like a white pickup between 2 blacks? Should I do it? Should I put them in another order? Any tips for doing it without screwing up my guitar? I need suggestions. Thanks.
When the power of love conquers the
love of power then the world will know
peace.-Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by imthefoshiznit at May 6, 2006,
how would it affect the sound? depends what you put in.

Switchin them wont screw up your guitar, and worse case scenario, you switch them back.
Quote by Tiamat
dont buy an amp, amps are just stupid.

Quote by t2russo
oiled... i like the feel of oiled wood in my hands... wow, that was homosexual...
what pickups are they?
pickup cvers come off, unless they are stacked u can switch up the colors.
(but yeah, kind of looks cool anyway.

u want a high output pickup in the bridge.
a mellow, good clean in the neck.

what type of music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i play classic rock. i dont know much about the pick-ups, but the description on ebay was "This is a set of duncan designed pickups from a new guitar with body damage. 2 single coils, and an HB102, which is the import version of the jeff beck JB pickup."
peace.-Jimi Hendrix
pass on them.
duncan designed are stock guitar pickups.
and a JB import is a stock JB type.

get the real SDs
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i have no money. should i sell these?
peace.-Jimi Hendrix