hey, not sure if this should go here or in gear section but anyway

im tryin to get that straight foward punk sound NOFX uses (think the beginning of seperation of church & skate)

it sounds.....weird i dont know i cant describe it. its kinda clean, but still has distortion.
i want to say "rattle-y" it sounds like when you put a fresh set of strings on and it rattles against the frets and stuff....

i dont know help would be cool, but feel free to make fun as this is the stupidest thread ive ever made but i love that sound so i had to at least make an attempt
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
u mean like a crunch? just turn ur gain down
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
yeah i know they use a lighter distortion but i was just wondering if they use anything like reverb or tremolo to get that weird rattle sound
MY GEAR :
2000 Jackson SL-3 Soloist
Roland Cube 60
Boss Metal Zone
Dunlop 535q Wah
Shitty DS-1 (AKA Teh Pap3rWeIgHt)

Quote by Nole07
i have like 30 bucks to spend. and i wanna know from first hand experience does it make pp's huge? thanks
Some bands throw a really light reverb on-say around 2 or 3 on the dial. I've tried it and it isn't super noticable, but it is there. Check out the Ultimate Settings thread. It should have the exact settings you need.

My personal setting for a lighter, punk-ish sound is:

Gain: 6
Bass: 4-6
Contour (if you have it): 3-4
Treble: 8-10

I know it's not very specific, but try out different settings in that area and you should be able to find the sound you're looking for.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by 182bitterstarts
on your ds-1 try to put the level at about 12:00, tone at about 9:00, and distortion at about 9:00

dude you should get the DS-2 it is sooo much better that the ds-1
^^ ds-1 is for those of us on a budget
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
You could always look in the "ultimate settings thread" in the gear and accesories forum. They have lots of settings.
Originally posted by XMetallica73X
i would love iran compared to this place trust me, they dont lie to you

^ FIELD TRIP TIME
Alot of settings but alot more posts are requests for settings... I really hate a majority of that thread.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff