Well im sure a thousand thread have been made about this pedal... and a thousand more willbe made but...

But i was considereing buying one... Is it any good? I mean ive used multi efects before and they arent that good... but this one is supposed to be good...

and the one thing i need to no is... can i choose the one effect... without getting another one... alot of multi effects have like a horrible distortion sound attached to their delay sound or something like that.. and you cant change it... can you just use the one effect and use the stomp box lookin things to change effects or sometrhing? i will try this baby out.. just i need to no how it will compare with other stnad alone pedals... as im not trying all the effects i want... to test it against this... plus you never no when your gonna need a new effect!
Quote by Stephen!
Well im sure a thousand thread have been made about this pedal... and a thousand more willbe made but...

But i was considereing buying one... Is it any good? I mean ive used multi efects before and they arent that good... but this one is supposed to be good...

and the one thing i need to no is... can i choose the one effect... without getting another one... alot of multi effects have like a horrible distortion sound attached to their delay sound or something like that.. and you cant change it... can you just use the one effect and use the stomp box lookin things to change effects or sometrhing? i will try this baby out.. just i need to no how it will compare with other stnad alone pedals... as im not trying all the effects i want... to test it against this... plus you never no when your gonna need a new effect!

well i have a podxt live...the effects are all seperate and you can layer them (amp model, stomp medal, mod pedal, delay pedal) to do what you want. no distortion attached to them unless its a distortion pedal.
yeah i have a separate distortion pedal i use.. which id probably put before the gt8....
I got a Boss Me-50 last week... loads cheaper than GT and obviously not as flexible/ well spec'd - but it's sooooo good to use owing to there being no fiddly menu's etc..its all knobs, very intuitive, like having a row of stomp boxes. I think I played on a borrowed GT at a gig, had to get the owner to prgramme the patches for me.. far too complicated for me. I am quite lazy though in fairness
My me-50 was only £170... which i think is amazing value. I probably couldnt see the justification in spending more than twice what the me-50 cost to get a GT unless youre a semi pro etc
"You gonna bark all day, little doggy, or are you gonna bite?" -Mr Blonde

My dmusic site
welll i am semi pro...i think... haha... i gig regularly and sell my cd at gigs and they generally sell out quickly... thing is... i priced all the pedals i want... and they add up to oover a grand! so i think that i buy the best boss pedal(i assume...) as i love boss pedals and this one is meant to be good anyways... just looking for opinions.. and ease of use!
The GT-8 acts as a pedalboard... Just in one effect unit.

So, in theory it acts like this

Preset1-
stomp 1
stomp 2
stomp 3
stomp 4
stomp 5
ETC

So you have a preset, and you can assign a different effect for each pedal and stuff, including the foot pedals. And then you can have multiple presets, be it for different songs, different sections of your show, or just because you like to screw around.

Personally I love the GT-8 and if I had the money I'd buy one. Pretty much the most kickass multieffects floorboard available right now IMO, Some people like the POD XT but I prefer the boss. They're both great, though.
yeah i prefer boss pedals tbh.. its just a name ive grown up with and a name i trust i guess!
I don't mind boss, they're good for the money.. but line6 puts out some great gear, too. I like their delay modeler quite a bit and I regret selling it.. but $200 is $200

The GT-8 is really great, though. If I were to buy a multieffects (again, I have an RP300 from when I started playing.. its 'loaned to a friend' right now..) I would be getting a boss processor. The effects are good (not great, but better than you would get from anything other than $200-$10,000 botique effects) and its got a bit of versitility, especially when run through a tube amp to give it that nice sparkle and shimmery cleans and a bit of extra life and responsiveness when distorted.
you can just turn off the preamp with one button and have the effects seperate!