i need a new guitar. i have a DeArmond electric. i want a new electric for around 400?? any advice on what to get? i play all kinds of music.
thanks in advance
yo
Washburn WI64
Epiphone LP Standard
Fender MiM Stratocaster
Fender MiM Telecaster

Try those out.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
get an agile over an epiphone if ur only gonna pay 400... http://www.rondomusic.net
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser (Black Cherry)
Peavey 6505 Plus Head: 120W all-tube goodness
Peavey 6505 4x12 Slant Cab
Tacoma Somethin-or-other Acoustic (i bought it used)
I would have suggested Agiles, but I haven't tried one, so I'm not really in a position to recommend them. I haven't heard a single bad comment about them though. That in itself tells you they're great for the money.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
It's a guitar brand. They make "knockoff" versions of a lot of big name guitars. Their Les Pauls are a favorite on this board. Especially the high-end ones (that are still only around $400.)
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ok. thanks. i looked at some reviews of the Epiphone LP Standards and it had really good reviews but it said you need a good set up or there is fret buzz..
wat will a good set up do? i have a Vox AD 30 VT..
yo
any guitar can buzz. u just raise the strings a little.
epi's dont buzz more than others. u just need to try any guitar before u buy.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Search for the Fender Standard Stratocaster. MiM stands for Made in Mexico. They're only a little over $300, yet some can be as good as the American Stratocaster which goes for $800+. The only thing is that you have to try them first. Some are duds, some are absolutely awesome.

The same goes for the Fender Telecaster. Just search for Fender standard Telecaster on Musician's friend. They're a little more than Stratocasters, but they're great if you like them.

EDIT: For the Washburn WI64 go to www.music123.com Musician's friend doesn't carry them, but music123 does. Along with lots of other Washburns.

Also, to get a guitar set up is to take it to a guitar store and have it completely checked-intonation, string change, cleaning, that kind of stuff. I don't know what it would cost, as the guitars I've bought have already been fully set up.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at May 6, 2006,
i wouldnt drop $40 on a set up for a $300 guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Neither would I. Especially when mayn of the mention guitars are common in shops-nearly all of them will be set up already.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar