http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Gibson-Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard_W0QQitemZ7412855749QQcategoryZ33040QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just saw this and wanted a second opinion. The volume/tone knobs seem out of place, the head appears different and the retangular fret inlays seem odd as I thought all Epi LP standards had trapazoid but he claims it was made in the Gibson factory.

Can anyone shed any light on this as to whether it's a real Epi or not?

EDIT: here is the one on the Epiphone site, I'm not sure if they maybe looked different in earlier models though

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=44&CollectionID=6
Last edited by treagar at May 6, 2006,
Well, the headstock doesn't look right, and it does say it's from China, so I'm guessing it's a fake.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
I know nothing about Epiphones or Les Pauls or anything... but if you're skeptical and it's on Ebay, you're better off not buying it.
The headstock seems to be too wide at the bottom. Like where it sticks out.

Pass on it. Really, even if it IS real, it's still a ****ing ripoff. You can go get a brand new one on musician's friend for $380. I've seen b-stock ones for $299 on there as well.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
If you doubt it, don't buy it.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Quote by Xenn99
The headstock seems to be too wide at the bottom. Like where it sticks out.

Pass on it. Really, even if it IS real, it's still a ****ing ripoff. You can go get a brand new one on musician's friend for $380. I've seen b-stock ones for $299 on there as well.

It's Aussie dollars, they start at about AU$750 new here.
Ah...I missed that part, lol. Sorry. I did just notice something looking back on it though, he does have the serial number. That could be proof that it's real.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar