Hey guys, what do you all think of these two? If you either have them or have seen someone play them or use them...tell me what you tihnk

MARSHALL MG100HDFX HALF-STACK PACKAGE AMP
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Amps?sku=482807&c_tid=topseller

Ibanez 2005 SZ720FM Electric Guitar
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Electric?sku=519986
It's not necessarily the dog in the fight, it's the FIGHT in the DOG
Ibanez:YES, absolutely.

Marshall:No, never.

What style of music do you play?
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
I play any from hard rock, to punk, to alternative, and especially soloing...Heard pretty good reviews on that ibanez so just thought on getting opinions on UG.

That marshall amp is one of the best sellers on musicians friend and pretty good reviews too, so why not?
I have the 50 wat version and theres REALLY a huge need for improvement. It only sells because it's the cheapest thing with the words 'marshall' and 'stack' in it. For that price, you may look at a used traynor ycv blue I think it's called. Supposed to get a gainy sound like a marshall, if thats what your going for.
I just wanna get a nice clean sound with awesome distortion and you know, just a consistent amp with a lot of power. and i think I am going to buy it.

What do you think of that ibanez?
dont get the MG halfstack man. an MG combo is a big enough waste of space...the half-stack is 10 times worse.

ill tell you what i tell everyone else that makes a thread like this:

first off...use the Search bar.

second...i know what youre doing, ive been there. you want the biggest thing you can find that has a cool logo on it. you see a Marshall halfstack for that price...pssht...youre practically sold. you get it, and feel immediate regret for spending all that hard earned money on a hunk of junk.

whats your budget for an amp??
I'm sorry about the search thing man...

My budget is probably like 0-500 but i guess i'll go with 0-600 if the amp is really good. Do you know of any good amps that sounds loud and nice and clean?
By the way the bands i'm influenced by are: Avenged Sevenfold, Metallica, BREAKING BENJAMIN, Trapt, Green Day, Ozzy Osbourne and basically anything but those are the main ones.
...Also, sorry for the triple post, is this guitar good for drop-c/drop-d tuning?
have you tried like a Cube60?

Used Peavey XXX combo, used Peavey 5150 combo. those can achieve the sounds you want.
sweet guys

sorry if this is a dumb question but does it have like the little white dots at the top of the fretboard..like you know when your standing up and you see white dots and double white dots for the 12th fret but you see them like on the side of the fretboard, which is what you see when you look down when youre playing standing up...... Sorry if that was a dumb question but the little designs on the fretboard might make it hard to find my way around you know
Quote by kurdtkobaign
have you tried like a Cube60?

Used Peavey XXX combo, used Peavey 5150 combo. those can achieve the sounds you want.

hey, ironically someone else on another thread asked me the same exact question..ive never really looked into that, because like that one person said i just wanted to buy the marshall cuz of the brand...what makes the cube 60 so good?
oh lol, what do you all think of crate amps?
Quote by DBS_KICKS_ASS

look at a used traynor ycv blue. i speak from experience, its a real nice amp

+1, thats a great amp for the bands you named. It's got plenty of gain and a good clean channel, and would definately work for practices and small gigs.
crate tube amps arent really that good either, if you change the tubes they do achieve a decent sound but still id say peavey would be the best bang for the buck the XXXs are extremely versitle
Last edited by dertjoe at May 7, 2006,
you can get a peavey xxx 40w 112 combo for $650 brand new on musicians friend right now. go.
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Please, listen to everyone else about the Marshall. DON'T GET IT. I've tried it out, most unversitile amp there is, can only do the classic rock "crispy overdrive" sound, and it does it terribly; very thin overdrive. There's no way you're gonna get that metal/nu-metal sound that you need for the bands you play. As for the cleans, they're okay. The effects are okay too, but there's only one knob, so you can't do much with them.

If you want some good recommendations, try out the:
Fender Blues Junior or Peavey Valveking Combo, its under your range, but will do better than any Marshall MG series amp
I wouldn't say blues junior for metal.

Ibanez SZ720 through XXX is a GOOD metal setup.
Quote by love_O_rock
I wouldn't say blues junior for metal.

Ibanez SZ720 through XXX is a GOOD metal setup.

+1
It depends on what type of music you play.
I don't liek the guitars paint job. Only the neck <3
For **** sake man dont buy the marshall whatever you buy,its sucks ass!
go for a cube or sumting like dat or a Kustom,dere ok an not too dear
as for the ibanez its a awsum guitar how much u getting it for??