Im surprised no one replied to this thread yet, this recording is awsome. For a minute I thought it was the real thing. Very nice job overall, only thing I didnt really dig was the tone for the distortion bit, too muddy. Great Job
Quote by pigger

What amp/Fx pedal/s did you use?

I used a digitech rp10.... It's around 10 years old... There's a huge variety of effects like.. reverb, delay, flanger, chorus.... and whole bunch of different tones.
I love this man.

Sounds crazy good. 10/10

How long have you been playing?
Bleh.

Member #3 of the I Am Canadian Club, pm colen or Mantiscabinet to join
Member #3 of the Necrophagist worshippers pm night_lights to join
Member #2 of the Ibanez RG5xx & up club PM tombo32 to join < 110% credit to t2russo
Ah, tender surrender. My favourite Vai song. Great playing. Nice tone for begining, but later, your tone was a bit too muddy. But the playing was perfect.

Crit mine? TNX

Super Colossal (Satriani)
My Music

My Gear:

-Ibanez Rg1570 Prestige
-Ibanez GRX40
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Ibanez TB15
-VOX V847 Wah-Vah
-BOSS DS-1
-Ibanez LF7
-Ibanez SH7
Excellent.

Minor intonation problems, but far and few between.

Great tone, too - not perfect, but it's hard to imitate Vai's tone back then.
very good
just gotta be careful at the two string bends and slides where you messed up some bits in the first half
eat sleep play guitar
sweet i love this song, lot of mistaked, but non the less it is a difficult song, and you did well
Woah awesome! My favorite song by Vai so far. Nice tone!
10/10
Oh and I'm planning on learning this...Is it really that hard?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
damn good. you near enough played it note for note, which is commendable, to say the least!

As mascot said, a couple of bends were a little off, and I thought you could use a bit more vibrato on the distorted lead bits, but other than that, awesome.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have some criticisms. Firstly, get your dynamics in check, on a ballady thing like Tender Surrender, dynamics are vital. Lacking them means the cover didn't grab me.

You intonation needs work, as does your vibrato. Intonation wasn't ever off by much, but still, try to get it perfect.

Overall, congrats on managing a reputable version of a difficult song.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Awesome! Great job!

Is it really as hard as people say it is?
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

this is really pretty good man! i can't give it a 9 out of 10 because it isn't PERFECT... but it's damn good either way. i would say an easy 9/10.
can you say ummmm????...........BEAUTIFUL COVER. You really sounded like Vai himself. How long did it take you to perfect this song??
Yes this is good, but a 10? No. You havent even used a wah pedal. Technically its great, few mistakes. I'd give it an 8 or a 9.
ENGL Fireball
Framus 2x12
Ibanez RG1570 - DM Breeds
Epi Les Paul - Warthog Pup
MXR 10 Band EQ
TS9
ISP Decimator
Boss DD3
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop Crybaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10rdcKp317I - New X-men Theme Vid
That was very great! I'm learning it and was looking for others who did it so i can see how they did it. btw where did you get that backing track?? thats a good one!
holy cr-ap...
twas very awesome...i thought it was the original at the beginning,great tone,i hear some sloppy notes,but i cant play it clean either,let alone remember the entire song..
but its great i say a 9/10,b/c like many have said,nothing is perfect!
-Cw-
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
9.5/10 ---- Performance | A few un-avoidable mistakes but thats ok

8.0/10 ---- Tone | The delay was more of a slap delay than it should have been + no wah and then the distortion was a LITTLE too muddy but overall definatly well done