Ive seen some of these threads around here asking how to throw their guitar around their body. After 4 days of brushburn, a destroyed tuner, pack of strings, and an assload of duct-tape, i finnally figured out how to do it. This is mainly for hardcore bands, but ive seen Ywngie do it.

Duct-tape, duct-tape, duct-tape!
A three dollar roll of ductape could save your $500 ibanez! Use it! Put a ****load of it on each strap button. If you dont, your guitar will fly off. (i garuntee you!) Or if you are one of those lucky-asses that get straplocks with your fender, those work jsut as good, and look more professional.

Practie, practice, practice!
Some say practice makes perfect, but i say only perfect practice makes perfect. If you practice but dont even give a damn, you wont get anywhere.

For once, dont think!
Its like sex, if you think about what is going to happen after it, then your ****ed. Just throw it around you. If you do think, then youll get paranoid and try to keep holding your guitar, and itll make you look like a jackass. Dont think, just throw!

Wear protection!
If you play paintball, you may have bought a neckguard when you were a noob. Thatll work great. But if no, wear a collared shirt, and (god forbid!) pop the collar up and button the top button. If you dont own a collared shirt, then put a duct tape on the left side of your neck/top shoulder, or if your left handed, on the right side of your neck/top shoulder. You dont really have to do this, but you WILL regret it the next morning.

Up or down?
Personally, i like to throw it up, because its alot easier and you have more control. But in my opinon, throwing it behind you is more impressive. But if you dont throw it harder enough behind you, it will fall and hit your head. It doesnt feel good. It still doesnt feel good.

Look around you!
If you're doing it inside, then make sure that there is nothing in your way. May it be a lamp, chair, les paul, jimmy page, or a tv. All ways make sure! If youre doing it outside, then make sure there arent any trees or rabbits by you, and make sure nobody is looking so you dont make an ass out of yourself.

Backup!
If you have a backup guitar, use that until youre positive that you have the throwing down! I cant stress this enough. Would you rather have your Gibson with a broken tuner, or your almighty wal-mart guitar with a snapped neck? its basicly common sense, but people are stupid. Even with all these things ive just told you,

Cables.
To be honest with you, it would be a stupid move to do this without wireless. Ive done this at my one and only gig, and it was with a cable, and i was lucky i didnt mess up the whole sone. I would advise you to do this only during a gig with wireless, but its all up to you,
you can still mess up.

Thats it, hope i helped.
Last edited by skippertipper at May 7, 2006,
Wow, flipping the guitar really makes you look cool.

And I really just wanted to point this out, popping the collar is pretty stupid. Just puttin' it out there...
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I used to spin an Aria Pro around my body by the strap, either grab the top of the headstock or the body to spin it around you forward or backward with a good push so it ends up back in playing position and you dont miss a beat There used to be some 80s hair band that spun thier guitars/bass around in unison in thier videos, cant remember who....Cinderella or Britney Fox maybe?
I've seen Yngwie throw his guitar around his body 7 times in one song. He was totally overdoing it and it looked cheesy after the 3rd time he did it.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Is his solution "use duct tape" for everything?...On your neck?......

Guitar throwing is just stupid, don't be a poser.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i use alabama crome(duct tape) on everything

and Now every since I could remember I been poppin my collar.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
And what if you screw your strap to the body???

like this:

|----------|----------|----------|----------|
|-body-----|-Strap----|-button---|-screw----|

instead of this:

|-body-----|-button---|-screw----|-strap----|
Showmanship must mean a lot to people who have ****-all guitar skills. Put the effort you spent on a stupid trick into actually playing guitar.
hmmm... putting a little showmanship wouldnt hurt but putting duct tape on everything *shakes head*
I have a problem with bumping my guitar into Jimmy Page when I'm throwing it around.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by rubberbullets
Showmanship must mean a lot to people who have ****-all guitar skills. Put the effort you spent on a stupid trick into actually playing guitar.

Nothing wrong if you can play everything well to entertain the crowd a little. Gotta have the right timing for these sort of stunts to pull it off. Common sense would also say if the crowd is not 100% into your performance you shouldn't attempt something like this.
i throw my esps alot i tried it with an epiphone lp and cracked myself in the head, and i almost gave myself an anal probe when i tried it with my 67 reissue V, so i suggest strat style guitars, points are not a guitar spinners freind
the only reason emo kids suck at guitar its because tehre always jumping around like idiots on stage, throwing there guitars like 10 times each song, and like doing freakin gymnastics...

Doing some tricks are alright... but dont overdo it... because if you do, it looks gay
Quote by zeppelin68
the only reason emo kids suck at guitar its because tehre always jumping around like idiots on stage, throwing there guitars like 10 times each song, and like doing freakin gymnastics...

Doing some tricks are alright... but dont overdo it... because if you do, it looks gay

very true
wow, I love you. My life is now complete.

You really do have to watch out for those Jimmy Pages though, my friend got real pissed when I accidentally nailed his in the head with my guitar-spinning-fury/
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by adhuv
why dont u practice playin the guitar instead of throwing it around

pwned.