Yeah, I heard about this guitar company called agile(that was mentioned on this site) that makes copies of American guitars for cheap. Checked out the web site looked at reviews and I saw a guitar that interested me, the AL-2000 (Les Paul Copy) I checked out all the features and the price was only $150 something. Now this seems kind just a little shady to me. I checked out all the online reviews for it and they seem good but I was wondering if you guys had any experiance with this or other Agile stuff. Oh and if you know about any better Les Paul copies in the $200 let me Know too.
Yeah once you start looking at these you wont stop. Ive been saving up for one. There will soon be a lot of people in this thread offering reviews/insight.
Does anybody Know how the fretwork is on theese though? I've owned some cheap imports that nearly cut my fingers off the frets were so rough
The frets are hand-filed on all the 3000 and above models. I am looking at the frets on my AL3000 right now and they are beautifully rounded and very smooth.

And Agile is actually a well-known brand by now. They are very popular here on UG. And the seller has a great reputation. I don't know much about the lower AL models, but many seem to be very happy with them.

Btw, you don't happen to be an Eric Lindros fan, do you? (your username)

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at May 7, 2006,
I have an Agile AL-2000 and my frets feel fine... I was going to bring it to my "guy" here in Jacksonville - for $75 he does an amazing fret dressing, new strings, etc... but never needed to yet - frets seemed a tad bit high at first (not rough) but after a week I don't even notice them...

I'm sold on Agile and my next one might be a 2800 or 3000 as I'd like to see how much better they actually are. I'm in love with mine.
I'd rate my Agile AL-3000 as a best buy in guitars.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I dont have one, and I've never played one, but it seems like the quality of Agile guitars will only improve since they are not that well known of a brand (like say Gibson or Fender) While big brands like Gibson's quality will probably start to go down a bit.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric