yeah. i think its finally happened. my tremolo is ****ed.

basically i've been playing as per normal for the last couple of weeks, but i've been having to tune alot, which really annoyed me. just last nite i was playing around with the trem abit and decided to retune it, from d standard to e standard. after doing so i noticed that some of the string were out so i grabbed my trusty tuner and tuned again. after 45 mins of frustrated tuning i decided upon a plan. i never bend up si i shoved a bit of wood under the claw of the trem, divebombed a few time and it seemed to work. so i went to retune again and realised that the bits that stick out under the claw are attached to the fine tuner knobs. better just use the normal tuners so i dont move the position of the trem. so i did this, they were all in tune by the trusty tuner, so i whacked the locking nuts on. after 10 mintues of dive bombs is was way out of tune. **** i thought.

so i ripped of the damn locking nuts and decided to give up on dive bombs for a while. i tried to tune it with my trusty tuner and everything was good. until i strummed a chord. right i thought my tuner is ****ed. but alas after tuning by ear for a good 30 minutes it dawned on me. my tremolo must be ****ed. but i was to tired to give a toos so i went of to sleep. i got home an hour ago and just spent an hour trying to tune it. needless to say i failed horribly. so.......

what the hell do i do? i have no money for a new trem, now i have no ****ing guitar to play and no way to fix it. ****.

so. does anyone know is a ibanez wizard 2 neck fits a 52mm neck pocket? because my other guitar has everything but a neck.

i dont really know. help please
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
What'd you expect, Edge IIIs are made out of soft metal. The cheapest mistake that you can spot are the springs, maybe it has been overstretched or something, check that. Then you have this "expensive" problem, which is the knife edges had worn out. You'd probably need to replace the trem with a new Edge III (pointless), or you can just block the trem making it act as a fixed bridge. Block of wood is needed,

Lo-Pro Edge example left pivot joint - little to no wear

Also, what gauge of strings do you use? if you're using more than .09s, i suggest that you align your springs at 2 top and 1 bottom. By this i mean that 2 springs are placed at the 1st two claw and the other one at the last bottom. I have did this and it works well, its a basic principle, low E string has the highest tension thus requiring more tension to pull it back to its normal position after diving.

Normal trem claw have 5 claws, so 2 on the 1st two and 1 at the bottom last
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 7, 2006,
yeah i'm using 10-46's. actually a while back a piece of that joint shown (lo-pro) actaully snapped of. i tried blocking it and it still went outta tune.

EDIT: i already did that spring thing a while back. i replace the ibanez spings, with some new ones.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
WTF snapped.....how weak is that... If its snapped then ur really f'ked up. Have you tried blocking using 2 wooden blocks and eliminating the springs? Coz thats the best bet, otherwise you have to make it a permanent fixed by stripping the whole trem and gluing a wooden block the same size as your routed bridge http://projectguitar.com/tut/tht1.htm.

Also, during the stripping process, you can measure the action studs position and the routing size, you'd probably wanna check out floydrose.com and see if anything fits. OR get a better licenced frm ur local shop, preferably a schaller.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Last edited by madpickin03 at May 7, 2006,
right noe i have a neck plan. i have my old body of my strat copy laying around. i've been dieing to finish it. i just measure and they have the same size neck pocket, but some of the holes are off. so i'mm gunna re drill it and bolt my neck to it, until i have the money for a new trem. they have slightly different scales though. my old strat copy was like 25 and my ibanez is like 25.5. could i have some problems there?
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
The intonation have to be adjusted, thats all. And maybe the truss rod too for checking the neck relief.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
really? i thought there would be massive explosions and horrific deaths if the scale wasnt the same. cool.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
That....could just happen, possible....

but im not 100% sure myself, maybe someone would care to add some things
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
please do people. for madpickin
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
joel do you still wanna use your trem because if you dont i might aswell make thread and include pics on how im gonna do a full block of my trem. and about the scale length i dont think it would work that well
lol you finally got burned by ibanez's low products. pwned.

Block the tremelo with wood or v9 battery did a little bit with my edge pro it worked but was pretty hard getting it back out lol. Or if possible replace the trem with a original i heard it takes alot of time to replace it and stuff.
Yeah, just blocking it is your best bet.

It's not all bad, you get a better sound when it's blocked
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
tremol-no =D
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál