I saw a story on the news about Darfur, Sudan and I had to write about it. There's a separation between the "Arab" camel herders and the "African" agriculturalists yet both sides, for the most part, are black muslims. Villages have been destroyed, women have been raped, and children have been disfigured everyday for the past three years and there is no end in sight. Seeing that we as Americans usually forget there is an entire world outside the US I had to write about it. This is my first original song.

I can't see how you can pray to the east
and then rape in the streets
we've got front row seats
to the systematic eradication of the African nation in Darfur, Sudan

Now this holocaust started back in 2003
the government backed the local "janjaweit"
an Arab tribe with the beliefs of the Nazis
they've killed 10 times more than the Thailand tsunami

SO HEY JANJA MAN YOU'VE GOT BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS
IS THAT SOOT ON YOUR FACE FROM BURNING FARMLAND?
Or is it just that you're everything you hate
another Hotel Rwanda
nothing gets done until it's too late.
I liked the first stanza, it could use a little work but it's the best part of the song. After that it just got way too blunt. I think you've got a decent theme here, but in my opinion you need to go back and think of a more interesting way of presenting it. Also, it would help to be more specific than just "genocide in Darfur", if you were more specific it would probably be more interesting to read. Good luck, keep on writing.
i didnn't understant it that much... but with your intro... i started to put things together... i liked the orignality though.. :P