ive beenpondering on what guitar to buy. Ive been looking into the epi les paul standard and some prs. NOw i see the Schecter guitars. SPecifically the C-1 classic but that is too expensive so the C-1 plus seems to be the one. THe question is:
Can this guitar handle both punk, metal, BLUES, sound--so does it have some versalitty (sp?). Are the humbuckers sort of a "bright" sound???
Just overall is it a good guitar and how does the C-1 plus compare to the C-1 classic?

hope this makes sense
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19
randomly yell "freebird!" then the rednecks will like you.

respect

Quote by cnorthern
If a girl is playing guitar......she is likely a dude in drag.
c1-classic has jb/jazz in it doesn't it? if so it will be very versatile, but more based around hard rock
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
but its always good to go to a guitar store that carrys them and check to see if they suit your sound
i cant remember if the C1 plus has Duncan Design or Real Duncans, i have a c7 blackjack that seems to handle rock metal and jazz pretty well, its a pretty bright 7 string
last year they made a few with the real sd's in them. but ull find more without the upgrade.

the stock pickups on the C1+ are pretty good. i think depending on ur amp, u can get away with those pups for a while, and then when u are ready to upgrade, get a great clean pup for the neck and a high output bridge. schecters are pretty solid.
good sustain, nice mahogany weight.

the only complaint i hear, is some guys dont like the coated neck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
hey just warning you that the c1 classic' neck inlays will get annoying when you first get it or after a lil bit, i dont touch my c1-classic ne more cuz of the inlays, although the c1-classic is pretty much the guitar from schecter for jazz tones, depending on ur amp u can keep those pups stock for a lil while, the c1 plus will be more of a rock type tone, so depending on how much your spending get the c1-plus and a new amp...

EDIT: only get a new amp depending on ur old one..
why is one more rock and one more jazz???
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

i agree schecter-06 the classics inlays are a bitch...and you could save enough for a classic buy a plus and but in a jb/jazz or wutever you want id do that personally
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

Quote by azn_guitarist25
different pickups jenny

yeah but u can put pickups in any guitar. and the Jazz jb do not make a guitar more jazz specific.

it was just a misleading statement.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

get the Plus it has the shorter 24/75" scale for wicked smooth bending and a mahogany neck vs. maple in the Classic. Ive owned tboth the Duncan designed HB102 set (JB/Jazz) and the real JB/Jazz in the same Hamer guitar and youd need an oscilloscope to see the differances b/c I coulnt hear the difference
i dont know it was pretty obvious to me.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i can hear a big different in the Designs, the bottom end is really thick on them and the mids dont have as much bite
Does the C-1 plus (the one im planning on getting) have the push/pull control thing to seperate the single coils in the humbucker???

also how does the C-1 plus compare to the epi lp standard?

thanks so far
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19

respect

Quote by cnorthern
ive got an epi studio and a schecter C1+.

i like them both,

the epi, has a more classic look. the schecters looks are geared towards metal looks, but has a great finish.

the epi is a little heavier with a flatter neck.

the switches on the epi, arent as reliable.

the frets are jumbo on a schecter, u might be botherred by that. some guys like how that helps with bends, some consider them speed bumps.

the stock pups are better on the schecter.

the schecter artist has the push pull and upgraded pups.

the blackjack has the push pull the upgraded pups AND the nice finish.

the c1+ is cheaper, with the nice finish but the stock pups. (unless u find the ones they had out for $150 more.)

and push pull, splits a humbucker into a "make shift" single. its just an extra tone, nothing that dramatic.

the schecter has the coated neck, some guys dont like, cause it gets sticky when they sweat.

umm, did i forget anything?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
last year they made a few with the real sd's in them. but ull find more without the upgrade.

the stock pickups on the C1+ are pretty good. i think depending on ur amp, u can get away with those pups for a while, and then when u are ready to upgrade, get a great clean pup for the neck and a high output bridge. schecters are pretty solid.
good sustain, nice mahogany weight.

the only complaint i hear, is some guys dont like the coated neck.

I love that schecter neck feel, its like an orgasm for the fingers.

oh and i was wondering, how the hell are 'the inlays a bitch'? i mean, the inlay doesnt really do anything at all. My Elite only has a 12th fret inlay, and I've had no problems at all. There are dots on the neck, unless you bend over to look at the fretboard while you play I wouldn't see the problem. Unless you just don't like the looks, thats a different story.

-EDIT- oh, as long as jenny is here, the coil tapping on the schecter pups is cool, but I heard that if you upgrade your humbucker, and you tap it, it can ruin the pickup? Is that true or not, because I may think about swapping out my pups later. Just wondering if you knew.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Last edited by MuffinMan at May 7, 2006,
Quote by MuffinMan
oh and i was wondering, how the hell are 'the inlays a bitch'? i mean, the inlay doesnt really do anything at all. My Elite only has a 12th fret inlay, and I've had no problems at all. There are dots on the neck, unless you bend over to look at the fretboard while you play I wouldn't see the problem. Unless you just don't like the looks, thats a different story.

Exaclty what I was wondering - How are they a problem? I've never had a problem with inlays on any guitar i've ever played......

I'm thinking about getting one, so if you could tell me, that would be awesome.

Cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuffinMan

well to the pickups being ruined by coil tapping them, some pickups don't support that, i think it's like, 4 conductor wiring that does? i'm not sure, it'll say whether or not it supports coil tapping
how wide or skinny is the C-1 plus neck compared to a fender strat...well squier actually ???

the neck width of the guitar i have now (squier strat affinity) seems alright..although i dont mind slightly thicker or skinnier.
T0/<e

Quote by danilo19

respect

Quote by cnorthern
Quote by Chad11491
well to the pickups being ruined by coil tapping them, some pickups don't support that, i think it's like, 4 conductor wiring that does? i'm not sure, it'll say whether or not it supports coil tapping

alright, sweet thanks.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Quote by Schecter-06
hey just warning you that the c1 classic' neck inlays will get annoying when you first get it or after a lil bit, i dont touch my c1-classic ne more cuz of the inlays, although the c1-classic is pretty much the guitar from schecter for jazz tones, depending on ur amp u can keep those pups stock for a lil while, the c1 plus will be more of a rock type tone, so depending on how much your spending get the c1-plus and a new amp...

EDIT: only get a new amp depending on ur old one..

Why the hell would you not want to play it because of the inlays? they're sexy as hell
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

^ i prefer the lack of inlays, it gives a sense of mystery
Quote by MuffinMan
-EDIT- oh, as long as jenny is here, the coil tapping on the schecter pups is cool, but I heard that if you upgrade your humbucker, and you tap it, it can ruin the pickup? Is that true or not, because I may think about swapping out my pups later. Just wondering if you knew.

no it doesnt ruin the pickup, and *most upgraded pups come 4 wire. they are listed as 2 or 4 wire in the specs.

*i know not all.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62