Is this a good tuner and price?

and i have also been looking at a new amp, and i was wondering if this was any good:
http://www.behringer.com/LX1200H/index.cfm?lang=ENG

there is also a package deal for that which comes with a 400 watt? cabinet, but im not sure whether i need that much power atm lol, im only jsut starting a band, so i dont think i'll be gigging for a while. if thats not any good, then can you recomend something to me that is worth the money? im going to be spending $800-$1000 AUD, which i will use to buy a head and cabinet, or a decent head if its worth it.

EDIT: I play mostly metal, with some rock and alternative.
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
Last edited by Tiamat at May 7, 2006,
That's fine for a tuner. There are people who have Behringer amps and are very happy with them, but they aren't known for their build quality. If you're buying it, play it in a shop first and buy it there.
We've all heard bad, bad things about the Behringer V-amp. It's said to have really thin and 'tinny' sounding distortion. I will suggest trying it out first to see if you like it. The tuner is very good, get it now.
I would recommend then Behringer Cabinets. They sound surprisingly good for $200. I really like mine. I would put the money towards another head though. Maybe a Peavey or Vox. That is of course if you need that much power. If not, just find a tube combo.
dont get that head, behringer distortion sucks, and for your styles, you need a good distortion. I recommend you find a marshall, maybe the MG100DFX head and matching 4x12 cab. You can get both in the uk for £400 but i dont know about AUD, its probably about the 900 mark, not much more expensive than the behringer half stack... and overall, a MUCH better amplifier for the money
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by jmac72187
I would recommend then Behringer Cabinets. They sound surprisingly good for $200. I really like mine. I would put the money towards another head though. Maybe a Peavey or Vox. That is of course if you need that much power. If not, just find a tube combo.

im looking at the vox's and peaveys now, any ones you'd recomend?
My gear:
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E
Schecter Damien 6
BOSS GT-8 Multi FX
BOSS MT-2
I kow the Mg isn't the best about smb... but its better than the hulk of junk they call 'behringer'
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp