ok, here's the deal
i'm in a beginning screamo band (not emo) and i only can play the basics a bit.. i really would like learn some more about screamo chords, techniques, etc. but theres really a lack of info around screamo.. (i mean the kaospilot, louise cyphre screamo, not the hawthorne heigts kind :p) I was wondering if someone here could help me, i found out some fun octave riffs already, but thats the only thing i know that sounds screamo..

thanx for your time!

o, ps, dont post comments like turn op your gain to 10 and play some noise blah blah.. it doesnt help me sh*t.
You know what also doesnt help? Trying to play like other people.

Find your own style, and don't try to emulate someone else's. There is no such thing as a "screamo chord" or a chord specific to that genre.
Not so much.
There are specifics to each genre.
You can't make some whacked out, spacey shiv and call it the blues.
There are guidelines.
Hence the need for theory.

Dissonant chords mixed with octave and root chords.
Chromatic riffs.
Diminished and augmented chords and riffs.
Mix well.
The drummer needs to throw in blast beats and be able to play up to tempo.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore
Quote by gokar
ok, here's the deal
i'm in a beginning screamo band (not emo) and i only can play the basics a bit.. i really would like learn some more about screamo chords, techniques, etc. but theres really a lack of info around screamo.. (i mean the kaospilot, louise cyphre screamo, not the hawthorne heigts kind :p) I was wondering if someone here could help me, i found out some fun octave riffs already, but thats the only thing i know that sounds screamo..

thanx for your time!

o, ps, dont post comments like turn op your gain to 10 and play some noise blah blah.. it doesnt help me sh*t.

to let u in on a little secret
scream+emo=screamo
Quote by emochord
to let u in on a little secret
scream+emo=screamo

to let u in on a little secret, if i say just screamo everyone is going to say hawthorne heights and all that crap.