http://mqwathi.dmusic.com/

Ok finished recording Orion. Actually didn't come out as well as I thought it would but it's still alright. Basically there are 2 rythm guitars throughout the song. I double tracked the first solo so there are 2 guitars playing it in the left a right channels. The harmony part is 3 guitars and the last 2 solos are just 1 guitar. I kept in the bass solo as part of the backing track.

The solos are fairly true to the original. Just a few different bits here and there (and the odd off note). If you get the chance maybe check out my cover of Call of Ktulu and see which one you like better between the 2. Thanks guys.
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Epiphone Les Paul Std emg81/85
Krank Rev Jr.
Marshall Valvestate S80 (8240)
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
Sounds good so far, but I'm getting ready to leave so I'll crit fully later.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
that was rediculous! the tone is almost identical. if you told me this was a live recording of orion by metallica, i'd beleive it. its freakin awesome. im gonna give your other covers a listen as well. keep it up. you should start a metallica over band, if you're not already in one. start makin some cash. love to hear some original stuff by you too. gj!

[edit]: ok, i just had to listen to call of ktulu cuz orion was so awesome, and that was also super fantastic. this makes me want to switch back to standard tuning and learn a bunch more of their songs. damn floyd rose! stuck in drop d forever beacuse im so lazy. anyways, f***ing awesome stuff man.
It's ok! My face broke the fall.
Last edited by J0NNYBRAV0 at May 7, 2006,
Very, very good. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Thanks guys. By the way I just did of Wolf and Man too. Only took about an hour to do the whole thing and mix it together so I didn't put too much effort into it, besides it's a pretty simple song.
Ibanez S470 dxqm
Cort KX-Custom
Cort VX-4V DiMarzio X2N
Epiphone Les Paul Std emg81/85
Krank Rev Jr.
Marshall Valvestate S80 (8240)
Rocktron Xpression
Crybaby 95q
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Behringer EQ
excellent covers dude
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Ok, all the way up to the bass break is awesome. Just about spot on. After the bass break is good, but not as tight as the beginning. Still very, very good.

EDIT: Just listened to Of Wolf and Man. Very very good. Solo was pretty good too.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Last edited by ibaRGnez321 at May 7, 2006,
Awesome job. You had a very nice tone, and good playing to match it. Only thing I noticed was it seemed a bit too fast at some parts, but it didn't really take anything away from your recording. Could you give me the link to your backing track?
That was pretty sweet man

Definitely one of the better Metallica covers I've seen on here. Good tone, tight playing, and good timing.

Excellent job
My God, it's full of stars!
I couldnt help listening to the trooper first which was very good, id have to be very picky and say there is a slight off timing in this part
|-----15--19p15--17p15----15--19p15--17p15------15--19p15--17p15--|
|--17------------------17-------------------17--------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------|
Also the panning effect was preety sweet.

9/10 !

Orion- awsome great tone, easily on par with the metallica version