Hi there!

I've got a Peavey Raptor. It's not a great guitar, but the volume is damaged and I decided to fix it and, also, put some new pickups. I don't know if it's worth it, since the wood is ****... What do you think? Anyway... Can I get a new pickguard to make it a fat strat? What pickups do you recommend? I'd like a nice mid-range sound for the single-coils and a heavy distortion for the humbucker... What sound do I get with Seymour Duncan and what sound do I get with DiMarzio?

Regards!
For those about to rock, I salute you!
cool, im planning on doing the same thing with my squire strat. I'm probly gonna put in one of those semour duncan pickups that fit in a single coil slot but sound like humbuckers. You could get a new pickguard and get whatever humbucker you want those things are supposedly really good.
Quote by obliteratus
I don't know if it's worth it, since the wood is ****

So is it made out of plywood? ....agathis? ...fecal matter?
first off both of you guys need to take a look under your pickguard and see if you will need to route for the humbucker cause if its not routed for one already you will have to route it out for one or have someone do it for you
Quote by Zeus2716
On a seperate occasion, i learned that the diner frowns upon building anatomicaly correct sculptures out of their chicken fingers, onion rings and pickles.
Quote by mr_hankey
So is it made out of plywood? ....agathis? ...fecal matter?

Plywood, but I hear the sound of fecal matter is really cool, too!
For those about to rock, I salute you!
^, ya smashed up my old peavey couple months ago... its like a 6 layers of basswood glued on to eachother... could be more... (basswood plywood)

I would suggest getting a new guitar, before doing any upgrades to that piece of fecal matter, save your money