Sounds horrible! I got one for around £30 off ebay and it sounds really dull.

I compared it to my BK Mule in my LP and its such a difference, the Mule is lower output according to the DC resistance but it sounds so much more powerful, and has loads more articulation! I guess it has to be expected, but I heard that SD arent THAT bad.. well I've just proved to myself that they are haha, I'll have to get a clip with both guitars.. However I thought it might just be the strat having dull wood but I dunno, the stock singles (no name brand) are better sounding than the SD! I guess this is just a word of warning, and an ad for Bareknuckle
Are you actually saying you bought a random pickup off ebay, with know idea what the tone would be like and no idea about the quality of it?
Quote by sadistic_monkey
Are you actually saying you bought a random pickup off ebay, with know idea what the tone would be like and no idea about the quality of it?

I heard it was good and read some reviews saying it was good so I thought I'd try it out.. I'm glad I didnt waste my money on the full price version! Never again will I buy low quality mass produced junk for a my guitar
i had the same experience, but then i played around with my amp settings and .. best distortion sound ever!
for clean sound the standart pu in my strat are still the best.
Quote by Schecter-06
dude maybe u bought a ****ty pickup from sum guy off ebay, play sum nice seymor duncan humbuckers in ur lp , not the strat....*also dont buy electronic things off of ebay*

hahah no, I have BK's in my LP, why would I put SD's in it?!! Im gonna get BK's for the strat when I have enough money anyway
I dont see why it coming from ebay affects anything, its still a seymour duncan and it still sounds dull! Its probably not the guitar as the singles sound nice (for a cheap stock pickup at least). I'm gonna get a 500k tone pot to see if that opens up the CC a bit.