I was thinking of getting the Metal Master Warlock but right as I was reading the reviews i noticed some people who gave it like 1 star. Can anyone who owns/plays this guitar let me know how it plays?

Not looking for 'Buy :insert guitar here: dude.
My Rig:
G-400
Pod XT
Spider 112
ive played one it feels horrible sounds horrible, bc rich guitars arent a good choice unless you get a custom shop guitar
That was my first guitar, but i only got it cuz it was "cool".

Anywho, the neck is acctually really fast and felt great. The pickups were bland and overpowered.(great for metal hence the name lol). The big down side is it more fragile than my grandmas glass hip plus its made outta agathis.If you gettin the pack id say don't.
You can get much better for a little more if you just look around and not buy a starter pack.
Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Quote by azn_guitarist25
actually it says it was made out of basswood

Basswood = Great for Metal.
---------------
VOX AD30VT
BOSS GT8

Want to build a Jackson, to be fairly freaking honest.

Quote by Kanthras
Put some crap in the hole, like something sticky. And liquid-ish.
deviantART: Click Here
differnce between what they say and what it is................

but then again i got the pack not just the guitar............

But basswood is great for metal, but theres alot better for the money
Quote by rocknrollstar
Quote by ProjectDark
differnce between what they say and what it is................

but then again i got the pack not just the guitar............

But basswood is great for metal, but theres alot better for the money

Is that true? basswood is good for metal??

I have an ibanez made from basswood - RG170DX and it sucks for metal - It sounds so weak and thin - my friends epi LP II special KILLS it with distortion!

To the threadstarter - it is essentially a bronze warlock = not a very good guitar I'm afraid.... They have em on Musicians friend for $149. If you REALLY want one, might as well get it now when its really cheap hahahaha

Good luck,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
I would really suggest not getting it.

I know you don't want suggestions, but the Dean EVO XM would be a much better choice because
a) better quality/sound
b) cheaper
c) you'll regret getting a guitar with a crazy ass shape like the warlock, but the Evo is pretty "normal" looking, not something you'll look at in 2 years and go "what the **** was I thinking?"
Is that true? basswood is good for metal??

I have an ibanez made from basswood - RG170DX and it sucks for metal - It sounds so weak and thin - my friends epi LP II special KILLS it with distortion!
QUOTE]

Rg's arent famous for having the best pickups......

Also the amp has a lot to do with your tone.
Quote by rocknrollstar
Honestly, I have never heard a good comment about a BC Rich guitar. There are much, MUCH better choices out there.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by ProjectDark
Rg's arent famous for having the best pickups......

Also the amp has a lot to do with your tone.

Yeah the pickups are really thin when it comes to distortion - I prefer it for lead guitar rather than the epi, although the sustain isnt that flash, but the epi is tons better for rythym. I played them both on the same amp with the same settings, so I could easily tell which was better with distortion. Its not worth a pickup upgrade on an RG170DX is it?

cheers,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
When i first started out i bought it because the looks decived me. Dont get one, they suck.
Quote by Xenn99
Honestly, I have never heard a good comment about a BC Rich guitar. There are much, MUCH better choices out there.

saddly since the days of bearnie rico sr. his company has hit the dirt, 80s Richs and 70s richs were amazing, now too get a good BC Rich you have to pay 3,000 for a custom shop
Lol now I'm open to suggestions. What a shame... that guitar looked kick-ass. Meh Anyone know a good guitar in the 200-400 price range that can handle metal but will still give me the high pitched solo's i need when i go lead?
My Rig:
G-400
Pod XT
Spider 112
Had one and I am still regretting it. They are defintely not worth the money, plus they sound like a dying animal. Unless you want to pay like 3 grand for a custom.
well what kind of shapes do you like?

Flying V
Rhoads V
Les Paul
Strat
SG
Viper

any of these (and more) can do metal or can be modded to do it, so pick a shape and we can narrow it down
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Quote by IndieLee

lowend basswood(like in teh warlock) tho isnt as hot.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by IndieLee

Basswood is a little too nice sounding for metal in my opinion .

To each, their own.

And to the threadstarter, I have yet to play a BC Rich that I've liked, let alone a crap starter pack one
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I like the Flying V shape and weird shapes like the warlock . The Viper shape is okay as well.
My Rig:
G-400
Pod XT
Spider 112
Hey mate,

i made a post for you that had like 30 different guitars you could look at, but my comp crashed, so Ill give you the sites so you can have a look around. Tell us what you're interested in, and we'll tell you if its good for metal (Just click sort by price to find what you're looking for...)

The type of brands you wanna be looking at for metal are jackson, some ibanez, schecter, dean, esp, etc.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/clearance/navigation?N=100001+306241+500111
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?N=100001+306241

http://www.guitartrader.com/dir2.icl?secid=1021&subsecid=1141&orderidentifier=icat_orderID
http://www.guitartrader.com/dir2.icl?secid=1021&subsecid=1090&orderidentifier=ID11470608492186A30115531B20
http://www.guitartrader.com/dir2.icl?secid=1021&subsecid=1186&orderidentifier=ID11470608492186A30115531B20
http://www.guitartrader.com/dir2.icl?secid=1021&subsecid=1187&orderidentifier=ID11470608492186A30115531B20

You could also try www.zzsounds.com

There you go mate, have a look around and ask us what would be good for metal.

Good luck,

Dan
Gear List;

Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
well i have a warlock now, and i had to get a new amp cuz the starter pack one jus isnt loud enough ..........and i got a pickup ugrade to dimarzio n series, which made it sound alot better............but it definently has a kick-ass shape and i like it.....i know there are ALOT better guitars out there, but if your in the 200 price range I would recommend it only cuz it hasnt given me any trouble at all after the pickup upgrade and amp........i also like how the bridge and strings are relatively close together its pretty fast......l8er.
----===My Gear===----
B.C. Rich Warlock
B.C. Rich BCL10 AMP
digitech RP80
fender picks .88mm
Quote by stockholm
i also like how the bridge and strings are relatively close together its pretty fast......

Not quite sure I follow.

Do you mean the fretboard and the strings? You can adjust that .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i have a freind who never shuts up about how much he loves his metal master warlock, and i dont mind my bronze mocking bird, it was a gift, and i enjoy it, but i've had to fix a few things on it before (ie input jack falling into guitar, high e tuner breaking, pick up falling out, pot being broken)
hell is only a word. reality is much, much worse...
BC Riches have reasonably solid construction and good wood, but the tone sucks cos of the pickups. It's just boring and non-metally. Personally I'd stick EMG's on a Warlock to make the ultimate show-off metal guitar.
yah my first guitar was a bronze, the input fell out and i had to repiar it but lucky that the wire was still on there. stupid bc rich it now stands there for sale. lol
I'm looking at the Epiphone 1967 Flying V now but that price still doesn't appeal to my cheap taste... I'm so mad that I threw away that Flying V body... It was before i touched my first guitar (whole) Anyway I may have to buy that Warlock and pimp it. Also my friend has a evil edge mockingbird and it doesn't sound too bad but then again he only uses overdrive O_o
My Rig:
G-400
Pod XT
Spider 112
I'd say go with a Schecter Omen 6, doesn't look very metal but it sounds awesome. Or the Damien 6, Same basic guitar with EMG-HZs and a flat black finish.