Okay well my sz520 has really noisy stock pickups and they give me loads of feedback at loud volumes etc. Iv heard that you can pot your pickups to help with this? so would it be worth taking it to a shop and having that done? Or are there other solutions

Or would it just be better to get new pickups. If so i was thinking seymour duncan jb bridge and jazz in the neck. for nice cleans and good metal. I know il get a better tone, but will i have feedback problems still?

Thanks
Quote by latinosuperstud
you should check to c if its not just you standing to close to your amp before anything else

I checked. im sitting about 1-2 meters away and still giving me hassles. Unless thats still to close :S

What i have noticed is that when i put the guitar at different angles to my amp, the feedback dips. But its not practicall as to get a low feedback i have to be directly facing the amp infront of it or standing in one possition.

And im using a behringer gmx212 as a cab for my gt-6 untill i get some money coming my way for a new amp. Im getting pretty good tones out of it, although they are quite digital, their better than what i get on the amp and on my old marshal mg :S. Yeah i havent made the greatest amp choices i know.

Any suggestions from anyone/
Quote by azn_guitarist25
probably your amp

Yeah but is there any way of reducing it? Like getting my pickups potted or getting new pick ups all togther? Or putting in an eq? or anything
Quote by azn_guitarist25
actually is it a hum or more just plain ear screaching noise

Its not a hum. its like a loud constant noise. i would say ear screaching but it isnt THAT high pitched. Buit def not a hum. a hum wouldnt bother me as much.
uh at high volumes u shouldnt be that close to ur amp...get a 20 foot cable and see if that helps
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

im going to vote amp.

u can try lowering ur pickups a bit. but i wouldnt spend money potting them.
either pot them urself or buy a new amp.

if its not feedback but just a lot of noise, then swap out ur guitar cable.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Well it stops when i play. but as soon as i stop it kicks back in.
Yeah im probaly due for a new amp. time to start counting the pennies for that mesa *daydreams*
U sure it aint ur mom screaming at the back?

I think its the amp, try different amps from ur friends' or local stores. And potting a pup aint that hard ya know. Or try playing using headphones? see if ur speaker is messed up. Is it a crackling and hisses sorta sound when you pluck start plucking? coz if it is, its ur amp's electronics thats messed up.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
could be the wire or even a grounding issue.

-feedback is a howl, that increases wt gain or proximity to amp.
-lead problems are usually amplified when u wiggle the wire at the guitar input.
-with pickup problems they are microphonic all the time, and might not have feedback when u switch to ur other pickup.
-grounding hums and crackles stop when u ground the guitar by touching strings.
-i have no clue how to stop parental units from yelling
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

-i have no clue how to stop parental units from yelling

Lock the door and tell them ur doin maths?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic