Poll: Supermassive Black Hole. Opinions?
Poll Options
View poll results: Supermassive Black Hole. Opinions?
I'm not going to listen to it till Tuesday!
8 19%
Crap. Utter crap. Utter pop crap ****e.
5 12%
Muse have now gone completely mainstream. :(
3 7%
Amazing.
15 35%
Meh, it's ok. I'm happy that Muse are moving forward.
11 26%
It's fake!
1 2%
Voters: 43.
Page 1 of 2
Now, I want a poll

Myspace stream
http://www.myspace.com/supermassivemuse

Muse's new single, Supermassive Black Hole has been leaked. It's everything Muse said it would be. "Completely different to everything we have ever done". It sounds like Scissor Sisters, then Franz Ferdiand and Kayne West. Matt doing the whole Price thing very very well.

MuseWiki
http://www.musewiki.org/Supermassive_Black_Hole_%28Song%29
So, what do you think?
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin
Last edited by Glen_Hansard at May 9, 2006,
I feel tempted to listen (Ohhh, what a preety shiny link...), but I'm forcing myself to wait until Tuesday.
If this is as real as I think it sounds then Muse are no longer a credible band! What a cheesy lame excuse for a song! I expected a song similar to The Groove, and what this is just a Franz/ Scissor Sisters tribute! This must be a joke, or Muse are just passed it!
Quote by MuseLive
Update

Due to a request from a band member, and evidence showing that this WAS indeed the forthcoming Muse single, "Supermassive Black Hole", we have taken down the download. We apologise for any inconvenience caused to the band for this mishap. Supermassive Black Hole will be aired on XFM, BBC Radio 1 and several other European Radio Stations tomorrow (8th May), while the single will be available to purchase from reputable music sites on May 9th.

Sorry folks
It's going to go straight to number one. IT'S SO CATCHY AHHHHHHH
Quote by Glen_Hansard
It's going to go straight to number one. IT'S SO CATCHY AHHHHHHH

I think I have changed my mind...that song* rocks!!!

*cough, I mean collects...
i like it quite a bit cuz the vocals are darn awesome but i'm not sure i'd say it's amazing. but that's the closest thing so i'll vote that.
Quote by oc325
the vocals are darn awesome

I never even knew that Matt could do that.
ok....this song rocks so damn much. I can see it being played at clubs and stuff, but its so damn catchy and dance-able! Its great! I think I prefer OoS style to this, but its still pretty good. Matt's a great singer.

Muse rock!!
Ugh, sounds like something Madonna or Britney Spears would do, except with better vocals.

For shame
Question...As I said before I'm not listening to it yet, but I was wondering... Does Matt actually sing the words "Supermassive Black Hole" in the lyrics? I can't envision that being sung in the song.
I'll post what I posted in the Muse thread:

Compared to TIRO, Plug In Baby, and even Uno, this seems to fail in comparison quite a bit. But this album will supposedly be pretty diverse, so I'm just gonna hope for the best =)

I can, however, safely say that this is my least favorite single of all the Muse singles, and that it most likely will NOT grow on me.

But hey, at least it's pretty solid in terms of musicianship - Matt hasn't resorted to just using a bunch of powechords

Anyways, yeah - it's exactly what they said it would be, but I'm left dissapointed. But hey, that's one track out of eleven or so, so no worries just yet.
lmao

oooooooooooooooooooooomg omg omg omg thats so....different. my god. I laughed a lot at that too. I can certainly see the prince influence. oooooomg thats good. I love it. Like i wasnt really sure when they said they were trying something different because I heard a few live things nad they didnt sound that different but wow....thats differnt.
i'm gonna wait til the album/single before i give the song a listen
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
It's real anyway. All the radio stations are playing it(XFM, BBC Radio 1...)

Quote by guywithguitar
Question...As I said before I'm not listening to it yet, but I was wondering... Does Matt actually sing the words "Supermassive Black Hole" in the lyrics? I can't envision that being sung in the song.

Matt says "Superstar sucked into the supermassive..." and then crazy vocals say "SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE" after the crazy robotic vocals repeat "into the supermassive"
I think it's uber. Though atm RHCP take priority
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Quote by sadistic_monkey
I just got it off Limewire (I'm gonna get the official download anyway, Bside and artwork).

I wonder will this be like Time Is Running Out, the B-side being better in ways then the single. I hope the B-side is Crying Shame.
Where did you guys listen to it? I clickied the link but cannot find the place to listen to it. I was commenting on the lyrics earlier ("Muse! Give me your hands..." etc)

A_L
Heard it on the radio on the way home today, wasn't what I was expecting to hear. Didn't realise it was them at first, sounded like an improvement on the whole of 'Absolution' though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Amy_Lee
Where did you guys listen to it? I clickied the link but cannot find the place to listen to it. I was commenting on the lyrics earlier ("Muse! Give me your hands..." etc)

A_L

It was on MuseLive but Matt, Dom or Chris asked them to take it down. Just wait until tomorrow.

There's already a remix around, Muse vs. Britney
Quote by Glen_Hansard
It was on MuseLive but Matt, Dom or Chris asked them to take it down. Just wait until tomorrow.

There's already a remix around, Muse vs. Britney

!!!!!
You aren't serious are you?
Quote by Amy_Lee
!!!!!
You aren't serious are you?

Look on Muselive.
Quote by Amy_Lee
^^oh yeah...I remember reading about Britney or sumthin...

I'm going to hold my breath for tomorrow. Does nyone who lives in the UK knoe what time it's gonna be played.

*slap across back of head* It's been playing all day on different radio stations. Download it from muse.mu tomorrow.
Quote by Glen_Hansard
*slap across back of head* It's been playing all day on different radio stations. Download it from muse.mu tomorrow.

OW! *rubs back of the head*

I am sorry! I have offended you, O Great Muse Idolisation Brotherhood Leader Person!! I've been at school all day!!! And completely forgot about it until I say the muse thing!!
I am annoyed. There will be no B-side and Artwork until June
Can anyone do me a huge favor and PM me a link to the song on yousendit or something? I'd really appreciate it.
Wow, I just listened to it and its good. Really different and catchy.

Has anyone got the lyrics for it yet?
Quote by bradbradbrad
Not as cute as you, Distorte.

"We're here to make coffee METAL. We will make EVERYTHING metal. Blacker than the blackest black times INFINITY!"
^ the lyrics used to be on wikipedia. dunno what happened. But theyre not hard to work out, or real impressive for that matter anyway.

Quote by Glen_Hansard
I am annoyed. There will be no B-side and Artwork until June

The day after my birthday! im so buying it.
Last edited by spunky_chooken at May 9, 2006,
I edited the first post, now with link to a Myspace with the song.

I really want that B-side
Page 1 of 2